• Welcome! The TrekBBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans.
    If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

What are you reading?

It Rhymes with Takei, by George Takei & Harmony Becker.

Takei still doing that thing out in public where he's either being insulting to someoneor he's sort of just joking when they dont mean to mispronounce his last name? i swear Takei does that on purpose all the time just to pick on people in public.
 
Yesterday, I finished Noah's Compass by Anne Tyler. I am starting The Burgess Boys by Elizabeth Strout this evening.
 
I've tried something outside my comfort zone. I don't normally read horror, but I picked up The Collector by Laura Kat Young, which describes itself as dystopian horror. It actually feels closely in line with 1984 and explore similar themes and I'm finding it to be a quite well written and interesting read. In this case, it's set in a closely monitored society, in which those who are monitoring it, want it to look perfect, and any sign of sadness or grief is to be excised. The title refers to a memory collector whose job is to collect the sad memories as part of the society's ritual of memory cleansing, but eventually he himself becomes affected and is removed from his job.
 
If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Sign up / Register


Back
Top