Weed and other hobbies the "DIscovery" crew might/should have?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Jayson1, Apr 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobertCardassian

RobertCardassian Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Nothing wrong with partaking in a little green

But probably not becoming of an on-duty Starfleet officer who has... umm... responsibilities to his crew

2. Captain of the USS Averof

Captain of the USS Averof Commodore Commodore

How about something edible then?

3. PicardSpeedo

PicardSpeedo Commander Red Shirt

I now believe that the crew should recreationally do Zoloft and SSRIs, since if the pilot showed us anything, it's that everyone in nuTrek Discovery is depressed all the time and hates each other.

4. JoeP

JoeP Captain Captain

5. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

In the future, advanced science will develop designer psychoactive substances that aren't addictive and don't have any other harmful psychological or physical effects, thereby also eliminating any social ills that are currently associated with substance abuse.

Enlightened humans won't care what others do in their personal lives, and the government will get off people's backs about their private business too.

So yes, the crew of Discovery may or may not choose to do recreational drugs when they're off duty.

Kor

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  6. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

I like the idea that whatever is considered illegal contraband on one world is herbal medicine or a snack on another. So the humans sell chocolate to the Vulcans, the Vulcans sell 'meditation incense' to the humans and the Tellarites sells Romulan ales to everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.