Warner bros announce superhero films through 2020

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Oct 15, 2014.

1. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I meant Episode IX :alienblush: Episode VIII this year, episode IX in 2019.

2. N-121973

N-121973 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I was going to say, though I wouldn't put anything past them.

3. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Wasn't Ep 8 meant to come out summer 2017 but it got pushed to Christmas so are we sure same won't happen to the Han Solo film.

4. kirk55555

I mean, anything is possible, but as of right now Aquaman is still in a decent position. I think Han Solo will probably stay where it is, they probably want to test how the anthology movies can do at a different time of year. If it does get pushed back, I wonder if WB will blink or if they'll take on the challenge. It would be a terrible idea to try to challenge SW with Aquaman, but it would be interesting to see what happens.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think the big thing will be what people make of Aquaman in JL, as long as he's popular there, I don't see any of the movies listed being to big of competition. But if @Jax is correct and the Han Solo movie gets pushed to Dec. then Aquaman is dead in the water. Batman and maybe Spider-Man are the only superheroes I could could really see standing a chance against Star Wars.

6. kirk55555

Yeah, I think if Aquaman is done well his movie could do very well in the slot. Star wars is basically unbeatable, but if it doesn't move then Aquaman is in a pretty good situation, at least when it comes to timing.

7. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

If they do go ahead with one of those people will complain they're rushing it and don't know what they're doing.
    If they don't go ahead with any, people will complain that WB isn't making these films fast enough and they don't know what they're doing.

So... yeah, they don't know what they're doing :D

8. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Star Wars will do well no matter where Disney puts it. It's Star Wars. If they decide to put Han Solo in December 2018 it will absolutely crush Aquaman.

9. Captain of the USS Averof

Captain of the USS Averof Commodore Commodore

If Disney reschedules Han Solo then WB reschedules Aquaman. It's that simple.

10. dahj

11. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

Awesomecool!

12. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

I like the Barbara Gordon version of Batgirl (and am presuming that this is the version of the character that will be used), but am not sure you can do her story and make it compatible with Batman's history as established in the DCEU thus far unless you do it as a true, from -scratch origin where she is driven to take up a Bat mantle as a result of his 'course correction' and actions in Justice League and beyond.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  13. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Grendelsbayne and dahj like this.
  14. dahj

I don't see a problem, the Justice League trailer already heavily implies the existence of the Batfamily.

I would presume she's going to be Dick's peer, not a newcomer, so if they do an origin story it's likely to be a prequel.

15. DigificWriter

Up until BvS, Batman was an urban legend. Him having had multiple sidekicks is, to my mind, incompatible with that concept.

16. kirk55555

This is great. I love his work, and having him do a DC movie after how successful his MCU stuff was (regardless of what you think of Avengers 2) is basically a win for everyone involved. I really hope this ends up happening.

17. dahj

Everyone in Gotham knew he was real, it's the outsiders who didn't buy the flying bat stories...

18. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I don't care about the continuity details; those can surely be worked out with a little creativity. I'm just amazed that a Batgirl feature film from Joss Whedon is going to happen.

19. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

While I fully expect Joss Whedon's Batgirl to be Barbara Gordon, maybe riffing on the "Batgirl of Burnside" direction, there's a part of me that really hopes it's Cassandra Cain. Cass would be more in line with Whedon's past sensibilities.

20. DigificWriter

Gotham City's residents had heard about his existence, but he was still an urban legend spoken about in whispers and with innuendo.

Just because lots of people in a given place know about an urban legend doesn't make it any less of an urban legend.