Warner bros announce superhero films through 2020

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

There is a brief mention of Arthur helping defeat Steppenwolf and later a quick glimpse of a Central City newspaper. Which could have been just as easily been from any other newspaper. It has nothing to do with the Flash. Those are the only references to the DC Universe outside of Aquaman’s own mythology in his film. Which was a very smart choice. Anyone can watch it without previous knowledge.

Correction - I just saw Aquaman a second time. It was a Coast City newspaper. Which is fitting given it’s a newspaper headline about Aquaman. A city right on the Ocean and more directly affected by what happens in it than other major cities.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    Anwar likes this.
  2. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

3. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

An actor has an opinion.

4. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Patty Jenkins has made it clear, as I noted, that the ending of Wonder Woman is not inconsistent with what BvS establishes, which relegates Gal Gadot's comments - whatever you interpret them to mean - to the realm of opinion.

And that's not "spin"; it's just the truth.

5. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Where?

6. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

In her statements about how closely she worked with Zack Snyder as Wonder Woman was being filmed.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

He didn't care about Batman until he started becoming overly violent.

8. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

I wish I could remember where, but I read that WB executives though a "shared universe" wouldn't be profitable but couldn't ignore Marvel Studios success any longer. They didn't want it but at the same time thought if they could do it we sure could. I don't think this is unusual in Hollywood, there are lots of movies that seem very similar across many different genres, see Movie Duels on Agony Booth for a start

9. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

They should of been fired on the spot for such thinking. WB has no excuse but their own incompetence for failing to make Billions from their rich DC comic book universe in an era where the film going public are obsessed with comic book movies.

ALSO YOU HAVE BATMAN FFS :scream:

Anwar likes this.
  10. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

No, they were basically right. Shared universes don't automatically make films successful; most of the films that have prioritized launching a shared universe over simply making a good movie have been bombs, and the shared universes have never emerged anyway. If you assume that just copying a successful movie's formula will automatically make your movie successful, then you'll put imitation over quality and the result will be a failure because it's bad. The first priority should always be to make each individual movie as good as it can be. If the movies are good, then you can earn a shared universe.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

12. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Otherwise known as a lie to support his hatred of the DC movies.

Even if that did not appear, WB was not vague about MoS being the launch pad for a non-Nolan/Bat universe DC film series, but some will continue to post whatever bizarre thing is believed to protect the MCU.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

14. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Links?

He acted like he didn't even KNOW of Batman's existence until BvS. And the way he acts makes it seem like he just doesn't like Batman at all, nothing about his new actions.

15. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

I see the usual suspects are here spreading holiday cheer... :p

Can we have one day a year without the relentless negativity? :shrug:

[​IMG]

Greg Cox, Anwar and Ovation like this.
  16. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

There was a gap between August and December in this thread where no one posted. A few months without relentless negativity is all you get. ;)

Morpheus 02 likes this.
  17. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

That's because a new thread was started in August, and whoever resurrected this one wasn't paying attention to the current place to go and endlessly whinge... :p

Tosk and Ovation like this.
  18. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

You started the other thread while this one was still active, so now I know who to blame for letting the people whine twice as much as they did before. ;)

Morpheus 02 likes this.
  19. LJones41

LJones41 Commodore Commodore

That was apparent in the movie.

"Man of Steel" was the first film. Hell, Clark didn't become a resident of Metropolis, until the end of the film. And he had Zod and the Kryptonians to think about. "Batman v. Superman" was the second film, which was set some two years later. By that time, Clark/Superman had become aware of Batman. Following the Black Zero event, which he had witnessed, Batman had become increasingly violent while capturing criminals. The movie made that clear. So, I'm a little confused over the above complaint.

Ovation likes this.
  20. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

He doesn't act like he only just started worrying about Batman's new methods, in BvS he act like he disapproves of Batman in general. And if Batman had been around for 20 years as of BvS, he'd have noticed him much sooner.