Walked out on a date who laughed at opening 10 mins of Trek..

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by srombomb, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would have made her leave and enjoyed my film! :lol:

2. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

yep. seriously, I'm the only girl I know in my RL close friends and family circle who loves/likes trek. every other person of the female persuasion either can't stand it/is bemused by my adoration of it/mocks me for it.

that said, I have a whole lotta virtual friends who are women who love Trek. I wish they lived closer to me! :(

3. indranee

very nice! :techman:

gawd I miss that show!

4. Islander

Islander Commodore Commodore

Hmmm... let me think about that one... no! You need them. Unless, obviously, your second date was brokeback mountain.

5. Islander

Islander Commodore Commodore

Hey, come to think of it, OP didn't just walk out on a date, he walk out on Trek! Boooo! :lol:

6. Bobatiel

Bobatiel Commodore Commodore

Nope. No BBM.

All you need is Star Trek, a basement and the internet.

7. indranee

^He knows, Doctor. He knows.

8. mythicdove

mythicdove Commander Red Shirt

I know how you feel... I am the same way. My RL friends do not get this. My online friends, certainly do but they are all so far away.

My friends just kind of smile and nod... but they really have no clue what to think of it other than they ask how was the movie, ect.

A couple of them will go with me to see the movie and watch the shows and such.. but they don't get into it.

9. indranee

well, now that I think of it... there is one girl, but she's more of a TNG fan and somehow never got into TOS. I don't know if she's watched this movie yet... she's been traveling a lot for work. time to find out, I guess! ;)

10. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not surprised others don't get it; I have a hard time describing my recent obsession to myself. I've always liked and followed Star Trek, but the movie has done something different to me.

11. indranee

yeah, it's brought something back to us, hasn't it?

12. mythicdove

Yes, it has. While I watched TOS and TNG, and enjoyed them... I've never been into it this much before.

But I am having fun.

13. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

Gawd, I was never like this. I kinda hope I get over it a little bit.

14. indranee

what do you think it is? I'm having difficulty explaining my love for this movie as well.

15. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

I don't think I would have walked out, but I probably would have taken the whole thing into whether or not I would want to ask her out again.

That's just me.

16. Darth_Pinche

Darth_Pinche Captain Captain

At first I though walking out was harsh, but as the OP pointed out, her laughing was the last straw, so I get it. She may have been nervous, but if her vibe was negative throughout the evening, then perhaps you should have said (paraphasing Khan) ""GO!!! or stay but do because it is what you wish!!"

The flip side is that maybe if you stuck around, she would have gotten into the movie, had a great time ,apologized for her attitude early on and make love to you long time.

17. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Does this friend need someone to see it with? ;)

18. srombomb

srombomb Lieutenant Red Shirt

It is a true story guys.. honestly no shananagans here..

As I tried pointing out... I was already turned off by her for a variety of other reasons.. but laughing at the opening 10 minutes of Trek was the icing on the cake for me.

The funny thing is I doubt she will ever watch a Star Trek movie again. She will simply think about the "bastard who walked out on me" :)

And someone knocked me seeing it like 6 times. I'd rather see Trek 6 times when typically I rarely go to see movies in the theater anymore. As well as the fact everything else out right now is utter crap by comparison in my humble opinion. Better than being a heroin addict lol.

Nuff said.

19. Freman

Freman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's okay. I drilled her after he left and the movie was over. AWESOME sex!!! She can laugh during Star Trek anytime she wants.

Original poster = FAIL!!!!

20. mythicdove

It will probably ease up a little, right now it's all new and shiny.

And it's fun. The next thing will be the wait and discussion on the sequel in a few months.. and that should last a year or two.

For me? I know exactly what it is: Star Trek, cool ship, neat effects, Karl as scruffy!McCoy and Kirk in command.

Plus the music, Uhura, Spock and Sulu. I really just enjoyed this movie.

Oh and Spock Prime :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.