Unintentionally hilarious things in games...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ED-209, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Malicia

Malicia Fleet Captain Premium Member

The butler in Tomb Raider II.

ED-209 likes this.
  2. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

Aaaaawww poor guy. He tries hard, Lara keeps locking him inside a fridge.

Malicia likes this.
  3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, they did get aggravating.

4. ED-209

ED-209 Commodore Commodore

Valhalla, 10 different people shouting over each other. But the line between amusement and annoyance is very thin.

5. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It definitely did. I loved how Raiders would be like "kick ass!" going up against my power armored ass wielding a flaming sword while a Super Mutant with a Gatling laser backs me up. The default response shouldn't be "I got this!"

6. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

On occasion, some NPC’s in Skyrim rag-dolled into many unflattering poses after being killed. Legs splayed wide, asses sticking up suggestively in the air, scorpioning, and so on. Their final resting places were made even more amusing after looting their armor. :)

Malicia likes this.
  7. Gingerbread Demon

Yeah this happened to me lots in Prey. When there was a dead body if you moved it and then let go it would flop back into very unflattering positions, nearly all the time with spread legs and awkward poses.

137th Gebirg likes this.
  8. Imaus

Imaus Captain Captain

This is modded so it may not count but in Fallout New Vegas, Bounties II?, you're sent to investigate someone terrorizing Freeside.

It's a bunch of the ultraluxe goons. The guys who use canes. Ingame, you can even say 'you're bringing a cane to a gun fight?' and he's all snobby but as the dialogue ends I just keep pressing down with my Winchester City-Killer and him and his goons just explode.

Had me in a good fit for a while.

9. Gingerbread Demon

Mafia 3 also does this if you clock people on the street and they fall down into funny poses.

10. ED-209

ED-209 Commodore Commodore

Going back a bit here but the Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets P game had a bit where you pretended to be Crab/Goyle - Harry changed his voice and that carried through into the playable bit - if you died you made this sound that made you sound mentally deranged - I howled at that many a time.

11. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was playing a Mario 64 romhack a few weeks ago and couldn't stop giggling at the idea that a fat Italian plumber was saving the world with parkour.

137th Gebirg likes this.
  12. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

I haven't played anything since Diablo II, but the idea of "rogue penises" in Cyberpunk 2077 seemed like it has the potential to be an all-timer....unless those were intentional.

13. Malicia

Malicia Fleet Captain Premium Member

In Oblivion, Even as Arch-Mage I still get the same responses from apprentice mages at the Arcane University I would get at level 1 that they are too busy to talk to me. Fair enough they are busy studying but I'm the guild leader. There's a few generic lines like that in the game that never change. Another one is how the bookmaker at the Arena still talks to you like a nobody even when you've become Grand Champion.

A few speech mistakes as well. I've never experienced them in my own game so will have to try that. I have the unofficial patch but not sure if it fixes the speech editing mistakes.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think it might have actually been a joke, but in Saint's Row 2, the main character's dialogue is the same whether you're playing as a man or a woman. So there were a few scenes where you'd have you're woman character acting like a macho guy.

15. Gingerbread Demon

I haven't done those games in a while but I think there's also lines where other people refer to you as a guy too in both 2 and 3

16. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Had a glitch happen in Ghosts of Tsushima that sent me in stitches. The game doesn't have ragdoll physics, as far as I know, but rather prescripted death animations or maybe it's a combination. But I'm out at a boatyard trying to kill all the Mongols and destroy it, and as I kill one guy near the big boat, he's right next to it, and I think I used an arrow on him and I watch him die from a distance, and I think, that's that. But no, his body then moves up to the side of the boat, looking like he's laying down on the side of the boat as if it were the floor.

17. Gingerbread Demon

Horizon Zero dawn has amazing glitches .. Stormbirds spinning on the spot and such, here's two I found.

18. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

Skyrim adoption is kind of funny in it's own way.

The Dragonborn enters Honorhall Orphabage.

DRAGONBORN (to Constance): "Hi. Can I adopt one of your kids?"

CONSTANCE: "I'm sorry, no. Grelod is headmistress, and she's not allowing any adoptions."

DRAGONBORN: "Oh. Will you excuse me, please?"

He goes over to Grelod and snaps her neck. She's dead before she hits the floor.

DRAGONBORN: "Now, you're headmistress. Can I adopt a kid?"

CONSTANCE: "Well, uhhh... do you have a house?"

DRAGONBORN: "Yup."

CONSTANCE: "I think you'll make a wonderful parent."

19. Gingerbread Demon

Just don't kill a chicken

Random_Spock, TimmyWl and ED-209 like this.
  20. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

You can slaughter bunnies, though.

Gingerbread Demon and TimmyWl like this.