Uniforms not getting enough attention.

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Bobatiel, May 17, 2009.

1. Captain Fine

Captain Fine Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I liked these uniforms since I first saw pictures of them.

I don't really remember the planetside uniforms that were referred to. I remember the cadet uniforms though. Does anyone have pictures of all the uniforms for this thread? What's a thread without some optical candy?

2. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

I did see an extra wearing a long sleeved blue dress, so I hope that the long sleeved ones had a place for insignia on them.

3. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

4. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I'm not sure I remember one, to be honest, and almost certainly not among the officially-released images we've seen. This one of Spock seems to show the same uniform cut as the one Pike wears, but only from the waist up.

5. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

The collar seems to be cut slightly differently on him--but I'd say it's definitely a variation on the same uniform.

Has this uniform, perhaps, been seen on display anywhere? Set photos, maybe?

6. M'Sharak

Could reflect the difference in either rank/stature (Academy instructor vs. Chief of Starfleet Recruiting) or a departmental division, maybe.

Again, I don't recall having seen anything outside the movie which showed the complete uniform in one shot (unless perhaps some pre-production costume-design sketches -- datas cat spot might remember if there were something like this), but things were going by pretty fast and furious for a while and I could have missed something.

7. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looking at the miniskirt uniforms, the rank problem could easily be solved by slapping some TMP-style rank tabs on the shoulders.

8. Anticitizen

Anticitizen Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Or they could just wear these nifty hats:

[​IMG]

Life would be so much easier if I could just hotlink instead of rehosting everything :)

9. DontFeedPhil

DontFeedPhil Fleet Captain

I thought that the uniforms worked well. And I loved the fact that they had little tiny insignias all over them..

10. MvRojo

MvRojo Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, the insignias stitched in was a great way to keep the overall look, but make them more detailed and intricate. I got the costume cards for the trading card set and they look really cool up close.

11. Crusher Disciple

I didn't even notice it the first time until someone here pointed it out. Totally awesome. :bolian::rommie:

12. M'Sharak

You mean you missed the epic "deltas! in the fabric!" arguments which went down here after the first poster sets came out last summer? :p

http://www.trekmovie.com/images/trekmovieposter1.jpg
    http://www.trekmovie.com/images/trekposter2-colored1.jpg

If you click on these to enlarge, they're pretty easy to make out, in spots.

13. Crusher Disciple

Yep. I didn't let myself go in this forum until the afternoon of May 10th, the first time I saw the movie. I didn't want to get spoiled, period.

I got upset when one of the news items here mentioned the Spock/ Uhura romance and spoiled it for me. :mad:

14. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Or the appropriate number of rank stripes as circles around the breasts. :techman:

15. M'Sharak

^ Oh, dear... :lol:

We tried to be careful about that, but sometimes shit will happen.

16. DiSiLLUSiON

DiSiLLUSiON Commodore Commodore

Around? Now that's a good idea... And the bigger the breasts, the higher she can go up in rank, since more rank stripes will fit. :devil:

Sorry Cup-AA ladies; you'll have to stay an ensign for the rest of your lives! :D

17. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

In that case, Gaila could be Grand Admiral of the entire damn Starfleet. :drool:

18. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Too bad she's space dust. :(

Or is she? :confused:

19. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

i loved them and thought they were way better than the uniforms on Enterprise (tv show)

20. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

Some of us hope Gaila was on the Enterprise; they never said in the movie where she was assigned.

Do the Deltas appear in the Cheeze-Its uniform versions? :lol:

Yes, I missed that discussion, too; I eschewed the forum until after I'd seen the movie. And as soon as the sequel details begin appearing, I'll be bowing out again.