TV shows that STILL aren't available on DVD!?!?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by The Borgified Corpse, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

1, There's only three shows I can think of that are as out of order as Committed, Season 3 and 4 of Til Death, a spy drama called Chaos and Don't Trust the bitch from from Apartment 23.

2, Josh and Jennifer did another romcom sitcom together a decade later.

3, When you give up and find Committed online, the episodes are still out of order and you have to piece it together using wikipedia production order lists.

2. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

As far as I know the only Disney Afternoon show to be completed is TaleSpin, which got its last 10 episodes on DVD in 2013 thru Disney’s movie reward program, before going into exclusive release at Walmart in 2014 and finally a wide release in 2015. The only major non-release issue with the DVD’s is that the pilot movie is presented in its 4-part syndication version, rather than its 2-hour edit.

3. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

"Married With Children"
    A downright scandal that this incredible funny show isn' available on DVD.

4. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

For awhile too, I refuse to buy it as the credits removed 'Love and Marriage'.

6. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's too bad. Maybe it just cost too much for them to get permission to use the original song.

7. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I think there is an article that the estate owners of the song also don't like the show. If i ever bought the DVD I'd have to play a YouTube clip of the correct song and mute the dvd song. :)

8. PureCrimson

PureCrimson Commander Red Shirt

I'm annoyed the later seasons of the original Ducktales cartoon aren't on DVD. I think as far as it goes is Super Ducktales, which was Gizmoduck's introduction, but no more. Which is a shame, since all of the episodes he's in are pretty great. I feel I wouldn't have liked it as a kid without him.

9. Bast

Bast Captain Captain

As far as can tell, the second season of the Invisible Man series (2000-2002) still hasn't been released for Region 1.

10. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

It’s to bad that Disney won’t let another company, like Mill Creek or Shout Factory, license the Disney Afternoon shows. Really, if all that Disney is going to use for these shows are VHS-quality masters (rather than rescanning the film for even better Digital SD masters like DVCPRO or Digital Betacam or even some HDCAM HD masters for Blu-Ray), I would be fine with Mill Creek cramming 13 episodes on one disc and putting out a Complete Series set that had all 91 episodes of Darkwing Duck on 7 discs. Now then if they used better quality masters (according to Wikipedia Darkwing Duck is apparently streaming on Amazon in Germany in 16x9 HD Widescreen for all 91 episodes) then I wouldn’t want that manny crammed onto one disc but spread across say 14 discs at least. (And if there are HD masters then 14 Blu Rays).

EDIT: I just saw that Disney released the last 25 episodes of DuckTales on DVD back in Sept 2018 but only through the Disney Movie Club.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019 at 3:23 AM