TOS original or Remastered, which is canon?

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Drewmax, Jun 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

I've been toying with the idea of adapting "The Doctor And the Enterprise" into a radio play...

2. Merky

Merky Captain Captain

Not me. Especially as a shipper who sometimes falls into "ship wars", it just brews trouble and headaches. People get picky choosy... it conflicts with a lot of crap... its a mess to deal with from my foray into Star Trek fandom.

If it ain't on the DVD, it isn't canon. I don't care what the novel says, it isn't canon until head honchos behind ST say it's so.

Or the Word of God.

johnnybear likes this.
  3. The Laughing Vulcan

The Laughing Vulcan Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I tried cycling through the zoom modes to check it wasn't me. No, it was the stupid moronic, asshat broadcaster. 4:3 made everyone mega skinny!

Mind you, I'll watch it again when Season 3 rolls around, stick it on squeeze mode, and maybe give the Shat a chance to relieve himself of the girdle.

4. Ssosmcin

Ssosmcin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nah, this is tough enough with shows I actually like.

5. BlobVanDam

BlobVanDam Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

:lol:
    If it makes you feel better, they were showing the cropped widescreen versions when they recently showed them here (Australia).
    And if that wasn't bad enough, I was watching them on a 4:3 TV set to crop, so I was watching a 4:3 video, cropped to widescreen, then cropped again to 4:3, so I was losing a heck of a lot of picture.

6. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

And they wonder why the show doesn't get the ratings it used to. It's simpler to just throw in the bloody DVDs.

7. Novak Senkovic

Novak Senkovic Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Because I am writing a book that explains how stardates work for my stardate calculations to be effective I have discounted the books, comics, fanzines, fan fiction, fan series but also TAS and the TOS remastered as The Mark of Gideon in the roginal version has a different chronometer reading to the remastered version and TMP remastered has the stardate 7410.2 whereas the oprginal version has no stardate in the shuttle heading towards Starfleet Academy HQ scene. If I were to include everything then stardates would be impossible to work out and even with what I consider to be canon there are still problems, albeit not as much as if I were to include everything.

8. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Resurrecting a five year old thread? Really? Wouldn't it have been simpler just to start a new discussion?

9. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

Please don't resurrect dead threads. Start a new one instead. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.