Things that frustrate us all

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by rhubarbodendron, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Bynar0110

Bynar0110 Captain Captain

Becoming fed up with doctors in general.

2. wayoung

wayoung Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've been talking with my insurance broker. My insurance company will not deal with my broker anymore, and no other company will insure my house because of the fire 4 years ago. So I have to switch brokers and my insurance will increase by 40%.

3. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Premium Member

Argh! That sucks, man.

rhubarbodendron likes this.
  4. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

This morning there was something frustrating me, that I was thinking about commenting about right here in this discussion thread.

Now I forgot what it was. So my current frustration is forgetting things.

Kor

5. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

Frustrating me today...today is trash day. I had the roll away trash can and the recycle can out at the street and so did my next door neighbor. The neighbor is a renter and never does any home improvements but I did notice a truck backed up in his yard with a bunch of tools. I figured it was a handyman.

I went out later to roll the cans back to the house and noticed that the handyman had thrown 2 of those spongy paint brushes and a paint stir stick in my recycle bin and they were full of paint. I try to keep the recycle can clean (cleaner than the trash can) and this idiot not only threw them in my can instead of the one belonging to that house but he couldn't even get it in the trash can.

So I got home later and tossed them in their yard. :devil:
    I feel a little less frustrated.

6. Farscape One

Farscape One Vice Admiral Admiral

Throwing trash in someone else's bin without asking... dick move.

Glad you tossed it back in their yard.

BK613 and Gary Mitchell like this.
  7. Farscape One

People entering a place through the exit, not the actual entrance. Especially when they are entering at the same time you are exiting with both hands full and it's not a wide enough space for two people to traverse.

(Made even more irritating when the entrance was wide open with no one else there to possibly block them.)

8. BK613

BK613 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

@Gary Mitchell In my city, paint cans are items that are prohibited from the recycling so that's really effed up (and maybe why your bin was used instead.)

OT, red-light runners are really getting bad here.

9. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

There is a massive road construction project going on near my store. And it is RUINING MY FUCKING BUSINESS! :mad:

I mean, today for example. It's a Saturday, "first of the month" time. So we should have been flooded with customers. But because of that damned construction, it's so hard to GET to my store that we were so dead. All day. For the second week in a row we had to send people home early!

10. Farscape One

I'm not 100% certain on this, but because the road construction is county (or city, or wherever you are located) you should be able to let the county know and can get at least some compensation for lost business. Particularly if you have many months of sales data to back you up as a comparison.

Mr. Laser Beam likes this.
  11. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

I remembered the thing from the other day: touch-screen gloves.
    ...that never work right. :mad:

Kor

12. Mr. Laser Beam

Caitlin Clark's gonna shatter Pete Maravich's record and I can't :censored:ing watch it because it's on :censored:ing Fox. :mad:

Edit: She just did.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2024
  13. Fantasy Lover

Fantasy Lover Captain Premium Member

When you order something in a shop and the shop gives you the wrong size :censored::mad::brickwall:

Commander Troi likes this.
  14. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ever get a package late because it somehow ended up in the wrong state? I currently am dealing with that from FedEx with two packages in two completely different states at the same time!

Commander Troi likes this.
  15. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yup, several times.

I live in the PNW, and a package we ordered from Home Depot ended up in Louisiana. Another one ended up in Maine.

16. evilchumlee

evilchumlee Captain Captain

I live in an apartment complex. UPS pretty consistently delivers my stuff to the wrong address. I know where they deliver it, so I tend to just walk over and grab it (it's right across the parking lot).

Several people have called the police on me for stealing packages. I've talked to them a few times now... they're aware of the situation, but it still happens. I mean... on end, good for people for actually trying to do something about it, but... damn enough is enough.

The police are super cool about it though. First time they were alittle aggressive. Since then, it's gotten much more cordial and they rarely respond anymore. I see a local cop at the coffee shop often, he tells me people still call, but they usually just tell them i'm just getting my things.

Avro Arrow likes this.
  17. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I had a FedEx driver seemingly just give up on delivering packages and left several packages to different addresses in front of the one house.

18. Mr. Laser Beam

It's been awhile since I've had a package misdelivered, but sometimes I do get mail that wasn't meant for me.

I llive on an Avenue, and sometimes I get mail intended for the same house number, but on the STREET just east of me. Same address, just street instead of avenue.

19. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow, what an absolute idiot! These are the moments when I wish that prisons were as they used to be 300 years ago, with the convicts getting beaten on a regular basis. I hope they find out who it was and fine him a sum that really hurts.
    (These are also the moments when I regret my good education that makes me know no worse insult than idiot. If anyone can suggest a really bad word for that sort of people I am very much willing to learn!)

20. Fantasy Lover

Fantasy Lover Captain Premium Member

Unfortunately, it was a private number so yeah....

Anyway, there is a family get together on my father's side of the family because my father's family never got along with my mother's family, so they were never one whole family awesome right? But I digress, my point is I don't want to see them or my father, especially my father! I wish we weren't on speaking terms again