Things that frustrate us all

I encountered this in retail. It's their way of lowering the amount of raise you'll get. The higher the score, the higher the raise. Even if you are the model worker, employee, etc., you can never get the max because it costs them more.
Yep that's why. Annoys me as I know if I handed my notice in I'd be offered better pay to stay. I'd never use that as a tool to gain a pay rise though.

Being scored at the highest possible level all year on my performance reviews only to be told management have refused to allow me to have the highest score but cannot give a reason other than no one is being allowed to receive that score and most have had their scores downgraded.

More corporate shenanigans. Sorry this happened to you. :(

We have a quota system, so only a certain pre-determined percentage of people can get the higher ratings. If more people than that number had an exceptional year, then... well, better luck next year.

Seems little point, think I'll opt out of performance reviews next year.

Wait... you can do that?

More corporate shenanigans. Sorry this happened to you. :(

We have a quota system, so only a certain pre-determined percentage of people can get the higher ratings. If more people than that number had an exceptional year, then... well, better luck next year.

Wait... you can do that?
I can't no, just annoyed that's all

It's so aggravating when companies pull that kind of BS.
One of the things that drove my mom and I crazy when we worked for Wal-Mart was that they would constantly promote in the media how they were doing one thing, and then turn around and do the other.
At one point they made a big announcement about how they were going to start cooperating more with their employees when they were putting together schedules and things like that. But then they actually told all of the employees that they were going to be setting schedules up and if you're availability didn't fit the schedules, they you just wouldn't be get any hours and wouldn't work those weeks.

Back in the pre-civilization days (70's) when a bunch of us worked at McDonald's (Barry Manilow jingle-writing days!) we were told that there "needed to be compression" as an explanation as to why we were not given raises in certain circumstances...I did not understand it then, and I still do not understand it now, but, there it is...

Starting Saturday all my glasses and glass dishes are coming out of the dishwasher cloudy. I cleaned the dishwasher but still happening. Must be my water, although I just went through a whole thing with Culligan and got it serviced and a new softener put in a month ago. Maybe with the change in season it's changed become even harder. I dunno.

I haven't been able to go on a full length bike ride in for the last two days. Yesterday I had a Zoom meeting I had to started after I usually leave, and then today it started raining on me while I was out. Ironically enough each day I did a different half of my bike ride, yesterday since I started over an hour later than usual, I only did the second half, and then today the rain started during the first half.

I hate not having a drivers license, I have a friend who lives in Netherland and she occasionally holds events there. And every time it's searching how to get there, this time I can drive with a friend and his gf. But getting a hold on him wasn't easy, I just have the feeling my Dutch friend is doing it deliberately. Because there are others beside me that don't have a license but they can get help to get there easily, I don't really have someone I can count on. It really frustrates me
And I hated every second of it, everyone was speaking with each other but not with me and the children were rowdy!

I used to get really bad sinus headaches on airplanes. But only during the descent, not usually takeoff.

I remember when my dad and I flew to Montréal a few years ago and during the descent I thought my head was going to explode, it was so bad.

But fortunately that doesn't seem to be a thing anymore.

its been years now but people still wear crocs, they were horrific then and even more so now. When I see children wearing them i want to dial social services, and crocs gems...shakes my head

its been years now but people still wear crocs, they were horrific then and even more so now. When I see children wearing them i want to dial social services, and crocs gems...shakes my head

I love my dollar store Crocs. Perfect for slipping on to go to the basement or run outside for the trash etc.

Oh, there's more to Crocs, including the Hidden Valley ranch team up, snap ins as decorations, and lined Crocs for the winter.

Social Services is busy. Maybe call the FBI.

Yeah it's weird. After slipping almost into complete obscurity, Crocs have come back in a big way. I had some of the "heavy duty" kind for a hot minute. But they got kind of gross. I'd love to know how they got so popular again. Sounds like a marketing team I'd like to work for!

Back