Things that frustrate us all

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by rhubarbodendron, Sep 4, 2014.

1. SithHappens

SithHappens Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yep that's why. Annoys me as I know if I handed my notice in I'd be offered better pay to stay. I'd never use that as a tool to gain a pay rise though.

2. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

More corporate shenanigans. Sorry this happened to you. :(

We have a quota system, so only a certain pre-determined percentage of people can get the higher ratings. If more people than that number had an exceptional year, then... well, better luck next year.

Wait... you can do that?

Commander Troi and SithHappens like this.
  3. SithHappens

I can't no, just annoyed that's all

Avro Arrow likes this.
  4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's so aggravating when companies pull that kind of BS.
    One of the things that drove my mom and I crazy when we worked for Wal-Mart was that they would constantly promote in the media how they were doing one thing, and then turn around and do the other.
    At one point they made a big announcement about how they were going to start cooperating more with their employees when they were putting together schedules and things like that. But then they actually told all of the employees that they were going to be setting schedules up and if you're availability didn't fit the schedules, they you just wouldn't be get any hours and wouldn't work those weeks.

HIjol, SithHappens and Commander Troi like this.
  5. HIjol

HIjol Vice Admiral Admiral

Back in the pre-civilization days (70's) when a bunch of us worked at McDonald's (Barry Manilow jingle-writing days!) we were told that there "needed to be compression" as an explanation as to why we were not given raises in certain circumstances...I did not understand it then, and I still do not understand it now, but, there it is...

6. wayoung

wayoung Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Starting Saturday all my glasses and glass dishes are coming out of the dishwasher cloudy. I cleaned the dishwasher but still happening. Must be my water, although I just went through a whole thing with Culligan and got it serviced and a new softener put in a month ago. Maybe with the change in season it's changed become even harder. I dunno.

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just once, just fucking ONCE, I'd like to pick up the paper without having to deal with the phrase "Houthi rebels". :rolleyes:

Victoria likes this.
  8. Rowdy Roddy McDowall

Rowdy Roddy McDowall Commodore Rear Admiral

It's inevitable. Manure rises north.

Mr. Laser Beam likes this.
  9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I haven't been able to go on a full length bike ride in for the last two days. Yesterday I had a Zoom meeting I had to started after I usually leave, and then today it started raining on me while I was out. Ironically enough each day I did a different half of my bike ride, yesterday since I started over an hour later than usual, I only did the second half, and then today the rain started during the first half.

Commander Troi likes this.
  10. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Sinus headaches. Hadn't had one in ages, so long that I didn't even restock my sinus-headache meds.

Had a terrible sinus headache, one bad enough to force me to drive to the store and get the pills.

flandry84 and Commander Troi like this.
  11. Fantasy Lover

Fantasy Lover Captain Premium Member

And I hated every second of it, everyone was speaking with each other but not with me and the children were rowdy!

12. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

I hope the medicine helped.

HIjol, Avro Arrow and Oddish like this.
  13. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

14. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Same. Took off work today and try to recover.

15. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I used to get really bad sinus headaches on airplanes. But only during the descent, not usually takeoff.

I remember when my dad and I flew to Montréal a few years ago and during the descent I thought my head was going to explode, it was so bad.

But fortunately that doesn't seem to be a thing anymore.

16. SithHappens

its been years now but people still wear crocs, they were horrific then and even more so now. When I see children wearing them i want to dial social services, and crocs gems...shakes my head

17. wayoung

I love my dollar store Crocs. Perfect for slipping on to go to the basement or run outside for the trash etc.

Oddish likes this.
  18. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, there's more to Crocs, including the Hidden Valley ranch team up, snap ins as decorations, and lined Crocs for the winter.

Social Services is busy. Maybe call the FBI.

19. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah it's weird. After slipping almost into complete obscurity, Crocs have come back in a big way. I had some of the "heavy duty" kind for a hot minute. But they got kind of gross. I'd love to know how they got so popular again. Sounds like a marketing team I'd like to work for!

20. wayoung

I never saw them drop out of popularity. People always made fun of them but nobody stopped using them around ne

auntiehill likes this.