Things that frustrate us all

What’s up with streaming prices continuing to go up? Time to get rid of some.

Also, my ISP upgraded me to 500 with no price increase, but I can cut my bill by downgrading back to 250. I’ll probably downgrade since my up is still capped at 10 with either one.

It may have something to do with the fact that Elon Musk has had the x.com domain for years. Now he has the idea to make it into "a thing."

Kor

Disney-Marvel should drop a hammer on Musk. Quickly.

Sorry, just curious, but what does this mean, exactly? I'm not really sure we should be looking to Walt Disney Co. to save us from anything. Although they're on the right side of the whole DeSantis thing, Disney has not always walked on the side of the angels.

Like laying off most of the staff and not paying them.

I’d like good MCU content.

This strike is ridiculous. Properly pay them and figure out a workable media business model. Netflix is the only one that seems to know how to make money streaming content.

What’s up with streaming prices continuing to go up? Time to get rid of some.

Also, my ISP upgraded me to 500 with no price increase, but I can cut my bill by downgrading back to 250. I’ll probably downgrade since my up is still capped at 10 with either one.

@bdub76 , I know you're still fairly new here, so just a friendly reminder to please post no more than two times in a row. Please use the multi-quote function if you wish to respond to more than one post.

Also just a reminder that promoting piracy is forbidden, so please refrain from these type of posts.

I am referring to the X-Men franchise. Marvel's got such a lock on things whose names begin or end with "X" thanks to that...

I am referring to the X-Men franchise. Marvel's got such a lock on things whose names begin or end with "X" thanks to that...

Ah! Thank you, that makes sense knowing the context. (Of course a super-hero reference goes right over my head... :) )

Ah! Thank you, that makes sense knowing the context. (Of course a super-hero reference goes right over my head... :) )
Over your arrowhead? :whistle:

;)
Yeah, but a single letter is usually hard to copyright. Apple ran up against that with other brands using "i" in a product name.

my biggest annoyance atm is amazon's new delivery driver.
Friday: he can't find the building (a state office that shows up on every map, navigation device or app).
Saturday: he dumps the parcel on the walkway in front of the office (which naturally is closed on weekends as is clearly specified in the delivery instructions). The parcel promptly gets taken by a passer-by.
Monday: complaint filed, new item gets sent.
Tuesday: driver claims again that the building is invisible.
Wednesday: driver dumps parcel in the middle of the foyer instead of bringing it to the mail office. A customer promptly steals it.
Thursday: new complaint, new substitute gets sent.
Friday: Pedestrian from previous week brings parcel to mail office, explaining how he found it in front of the door, feared it could get stolen and decided to deliver it on Monday. Apologises for delay on account of having been ill.
In the evening a very nice Amazon representative calls to apologise and promise that the driver will have to undergo additional training.

My trust in mankind is partially restored but not yet my trust in Amazon's new driver.

Amazon deliveries seem to be getting worse, had 3 this past week or so and not once did they knock or ring the door bell.

It was just left at the side of my house.

I know they did because my door bell camera picked them up.

Can understand if no one is home but surely its proper practice to at least hand deliver it if you can. Can understand too them not standing at the door for ages waiting too.

Why exactly the hell are people so pissed off about the Barbie movie? Of COURSE all the men in it are spineless douchebags. That's exactly what Ken is supposed to be! :lol:

Why exactly the hell are people so pissed off about the Barbie movie? Of COURSE all the men in it are spineless douchebags. That's exactly what Ken is supposed to be! :lol:
My wife hated it. I was indifferent.

More amusing was Will Ferrell reprising his role as Lord Business from the Lego movie.

that's something I can relate to from 6 decades of living with dogs. Dogs are straightforward, humans frequently are sneaky and phony. Also, with a dog you always get a second chance and they love unconditionally. On the whole, they are the better people.
I wouldn't go so far as to leave them all I have as long as I have family who urgently need every cent, but I donate a lot of toys and food every year and the instant I get pensioned off I'll adopt a dog from a shelter. Preferably a traumatised or sick one that normally has no chance to get a new home.

I prefer people but I am so frequently misunderstood that it's frustrating to explain myself. I do not enjoy dogs, though I see why many would.

But, most people while doing the best they can with what they got don't seem very interested in going past that. The lack of self-awareness is beyond frustrating.

Back