The unnecessary reboot/remake of the week thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Foxhot, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

2. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think the main reason this is even happening is because it's coming from Chloe Zhao, who is getting tons of praise for Nomadland, and is going to be in even higher demand soon since she's directing Marvel's The Eternals.

4. wayoung

wayoung Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Re: The Wonder Years:

It's been longer between the premiere episode of That 70's Show and today than it was between the premiere of That 70's Show and when it was set. If made today it would be set in 1999.

The nostalgia bait shows have always been around but for some reason the 90's & 2000's just seem closer to us now. We got, what, Captain Marvel as our 90's nostalgia bait? Most stuff still does the 80's.

My guess is the 90's are too boring to Gen Z, packed between 80's and 2000's. And the 2000's aren't fun with the shadow of 9/11 still cast over us. Plus, the 2000's everyone got digital cameras and started recording everything. Facebook Memories are our 2000's nostalgia bait.

Just rambling. I had a house fire recently and I lost everything I had prior to 2019 so I've been doing a lot of ruminating on that kind of stuff.

5. Jayson1

Jayson1 Admiral Admiral

Sorry about loosing all you stuff. Hope nobody was hurt in the fire and ya are finding away to rebound after that kind of terrible event.

Jason

wayoung likes this.
  6. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that’s terrible @wayoung I hope you’re getting on with things as best you can in the circumstances

wayoung likes this.
  7. Enterprise is Great

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that barely even counts as a revival. Some shows, like The Sopranos, have had a bigger gap than that between seasons.

Captaindemotion likes this.
  9. Enterprise is Great

10. wayoung

wayoung Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

11. Enterprise is Great

12. Enterprise is Great

13. Jayson1

Jayson1 Admiral Admiral

My money is on all of them sucking. If they want to take something from the 80's that is dated like Flashdance, Love Story and Fatal Attraction at least take something dated but can still be used to make something fun like Revenge of the Nerds or Police Academy.

Jason