Spoilers The Star Beast grade and discussion thread

How do you rate The Star Beast?

• Total voters
Loved all the Nerys jokes.

A good running joke involving a never seen/off-screen character always tickles my funny bone.

And if they ever introduce her as a character... Nana Visitor please! (Even though I know she has already appeared in Torchwood!)

Does anybody else want the new and empty TARDIS to stay filling up with small things here and there?

A long scarf over the bannister, a hat rack by the door... ;)

Currently we have a brand new house, and over the next few years, it will get more lived in ;)

And of course never to have a coffee related accident again, put in a kettle for a cuppa tea instead! Lol

Nostalgia and FUN get an A+.
Tennant and Tate have such an awesome chemistry together.

The plot twist involving the Meep was pretty apparent. Its a trope that has been used before and you could see the bleeding obvious from space. However i can forgive it because everything about the episode was FUN and I don't think RTD was thinking of anything deep with it either.

It was good to see old faces and the new UNIT person automatically being aware of who the Doctor was nice, because at this point I can only say his face should be drilled into every person with a high enough level of clearance. Would it of been nice to have seen Kate or Osgood instead? Yes, but the new lady wasn't bad at all either.

But I just love the fact that the Chibnal era already feels like a rapidly fading nightmare, the Cousin Oliver of Doctors and ready to be assigned to the dustbins of history along with the Salamanders/warp 10 plot in Star Trek, Roseanne winning the lottery, Nikki & Paolo in LOST or BSG 1980.

Loved how they handled Rose's storyline and love the fact they choose Rose as their new name. I wish we could keep the Noble-Temple family for more then these three specials!

And I love LOVE the fact they acknowledged Wilf and not killing him of either. Letting him go living in our memories like Sarah Jane was sweet.

Bernard was alive when this was filmed.

So how did they round the cortical problem by “letting it go” (whatever that means) men don’t understand so I need either a woman or transgender to explain it to me (apparently).

Did any of you guys see Georgia Tennant’s Instagram story? She’s amazing and hilarious at all times on it, but for the show airing last night she did a Doctor Who themed watch party and had David wear a jumper with Tens face on and a Fourteenth doctor cutout :lol::lol::lol:
Her insta is always gold tbh

So how did they round the cortical problem by “letting it go” (whatever that means) men don’t understand so I need either a woman or transgender to explain it to me (apparently).
What do you mean?
I’m pretty sure it was just a joke about “men never let things go but as girls we always let things go so we’ll just do that with this”. I’m pretty sure it was just a kind of joke (i’m the target audience for said joke and didn’t fully understand, i’m pretty sure it wasn’t a serious way of getting around the issue)

The way I understood is they chose to sort of regenerate Into a version of themselves that is not in metacrisis?
Or transition into who they really are…
Make of that what you will.

5 million overnights.

So turns out there were no hordes of people waiting for Tennant and Davies to return to save the series from Chibnall and Whittaker.

Really? The overnight figure wasn't far off the consolidated figure for The Power of the Doctor! it's already higher than the consolidated figures for the last four episodes of Flux, Eve of the Daleks and Legend of the Sea Devils. It'll be very interesting to see what the final figure is likely to be but I think we can almost guarantee there'll be another million to add on, at least.

It'll be interesting to see what the AI figure is also.

That was great. The part where Donna and her mum called the Doctor an idiot about misunderstanding about Wilf had me laughing. I really loved the use of all the old music cues. And I was about to burst if they'd completely burnt down the console room set in it's first appearance. Did it blow up because of the coffee? The TARDIS is so British it couldn't stand them drinking coffee instead of tea? (I'm joking)

Well, the TARDIS made the coffee, so the Old Girl shouldn't complain.

Knowing her, she likely put the coffee machine on the console KNOWING the Doctor would show off and Donna is clumsy with coffee as an excuse to get them back together for another adventure! Although we still have the possibility that someone else is messing with the Doctor and Donna's destinies... and not Dalek Caan this time ;)

Not sure what to think about that - The trailers were largely about NPH as the villain and there was no hint of him whatsoever.

Not visually, but it's almost certain he's the "boss" that the Meep threatened to tell about the Doctor's presence.

Back