THE ORVILLE Season Two...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Serveaux, Jul 22, 2018.

1. CaptainMurdock

CaptainMurdock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

In honor of last night's episode I got the urge to make some new artwork. One's a revised version of one I made months ago and one is brand new for season 2.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just saw on Wikipedia that The Orville's computer is voice by Seth MacFarlane's sister Rachael MacFarlane. I can't remember, when have we heard the computer speak?
    So apparently not only has he brought his then girlfriend, and his ex onto the show, he's also brought his sister on board. I can't find anything about it on their Wikipedia pages, but I swear I read somewhere that Seth and Seth Grimes, who plays Gordon, have been friends since they were kids.

Deledrius and picardjean-luc like this.
  3. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Rachel provided the voice for Hayley Smith on American Dad so she's got prior experience working with him.

BillJ likes this.
  4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I actually noted that in my post at first, but then deleted it since it didn't really have anything to do with The Orville.

5. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Today is a good day to digress.

CorporalCaptain likes this.
  6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

HR probably has to stop them giving each other noogies and wet willies.

7. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I'm glad to own the first season on a physical format, but God, it is dark and blurry. It is like the UHF days all over again. :eek:

8. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Scott Grimes is also the voice of Steve on American Dad.

9. CaptainMurdock

He was also in a TNG episode though a deleted scene.

"Hey Wesley, I'm going to draw d***s on Captain Picard's ready room walls want to join?"
    [​IMG]

10. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jezus. That would have burned a permanent image in my tube.

OCD Geek and The Wormhole like this.
  11. Astra

Astra Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I finally found it. It's in episode 7 "Deflectors". Talla speaks with the computer, asking it to locate the missing guy. I actually had noticed her name in the end credits when watching the episode.

12. OCD Geek

OCD Geek Captain Captain

Oh, shit! There a deleted scene of Next Gen with the Legion of Super-Heroes in it?

CaptainMurdock and Kai "the spy" like this.
  13. Leo Star Dragon 1

Leo Star Dragon 1 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Huh? In what capacity? Maybe I should wonder that about you. So, I can be just as mean and rude as anyone else here. For civility's sake, and the rules, I'm not replying as I did on my "Facebook" posts in which I thought that I was getting through to here. Typos, bad grammar, et cetera, aren't the only things that I reacted too, I reacted to attitudes has well.

A long time ago, I was one of those that warned random people on the Internet, since the whole population wasn't on it, that people should not write things down that would get them a fat lip or worse, were they to do say it in person. But yet, on-line bullying is still a thing. I too, try to heed my own advice.

Exchanging written words, just does not give me the same physical satisfaction that I get from confronting someone in person about what he or she said or did.

Hmm. So, is it worth it to me to, "preserve" you? Well, heck! I'm not one of the Preservers, and neither are you. I don't intend to stuff you in a jar labeled, "preserves". I would not let you do that to me. But I would toss a Life Preserver to you, as I would hope that you would do for me. I would only toss you off of a preserve, if you were causing harm. Hmm. So which context do you mean there, your Reverendship?

14. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

I thought I read somewhere that they didn't save edited out footage from TNG?

And dang, those costumes!

CaptainMurdock likes this.
  15. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Whut?

Serveaux isn't a bully by a long shot.

As for those posts of yours from earlier...
    I'm not really sure why you said these things. It has nothing to do with "civility" as you say. But...whut?

Leo Star Dragon 1 likes this.
  16. Leo Star Dragon 1

Hello! I too prefer a physical medium. But a friend of mine, explained to me, or informed me, about a growing trend. My brother built a new addition to his house, that turned out to be a replacement movie theater, instead not a guest bedroom. So as a Christmas gift, I gave him the DVD of the complete series of the original, "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy,, that I got from "Wal-Mart". I got myself a copy.

When I asked him about it, he said it was going on the DVD shelf, and it wouldn't be viewed. I wondered why, and our friend intervened. Our friend said that the home media industry, in which he works for, is slowly converting to Streaming only, and is trying to "wean" us off of physical media, be it VHS, DVD, CD, or even "Blu-Ray"! Ugh. I find that frustrating.

So I guess my brother is satisfied with the streaming services, and satellite provider, or whatever. Well, to be fair, he was running out of display space for his movie collection. So have I for that matter. But I'm going to miss the bonus content features.

17. Leo Star Dragon 1

Oh, it was you? Hi, Finn! Well, okay. So you don't yet get me. But anyway, I tend to be a free flow thinker, and as the subject was RP, it just occurred to me, that I may have seen him in person. My friend had. He got his autograph. But did I meet him too, or only see him in passing? My written version of "thinking allowed". So, what do you mean he isn't one by a long shot? That he is one by a short shot?
    Hmm. Maybe the names are blurry to me because the pages keep moving and so I'm replying to the wrong people?

I'm passing time, only replying when I feel like it, and then my replies get sent to the most recent page, when I'm still reading pages further back in the topic. My apologies for any confusion and mistaken identities. I'm still not used to seeing actual replied from people. I was used to being ignored. Though at times it seemed like people had seen my posts, because they would use words that I had just used in the same topic. Oh well.
    Time recharge again.

18. CaptainMurdock

It was on the Bluray's if I recall correctly.

19. picardjean-luc

picardjean-luc Captain Captain

Good old Gordon. Always a prankster from the time he was a kid, growing up with Wesley :lol::lol::hugegrin::hugegrin:

Someone better tell those to kids to "Shut up!!" :guffaw::lol:

20. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The ship is self cleaning.

If you draw dicks on a wall, how quickly does the ship rub them all off?