Spoilers The Orville: New Horizons Season 3 Discussion

MacFarlane also admitted that they intentionally avoided the issue of how the crew now felt about Isaac for the remainder of the second season after the Identity storyline as a precaution in case the more serious content of Identity didn't go over with fans, they'd stick with lighthearted stuff for the remainder of the season so as not to drive away any fans.

Source: https://tvline.com/lists/fire-count...2/the-orville-renewal-cb-strike-release-date/

Any news on a possible Season 4 for The Orville? –Ashton
At TCA this month, I made a beeline for Craig Erwich, President, ABC Entertainment, Hulu & Disney Branded Television Streaming Originals, to ask him that exact question. Alas…. “We don’t have anything to share right now,” Erwich told me. “It’s a great show and I know that the fans loved having it back in their lives. And Seth [MacFarlane] did a great job, uniquely as he can, in front of and behind the camera. But we don’t have anything to share right now.”

Source: https://tvline.com/lists/fire-count...2/the-orville-renewal-cb-strike-release-date/

Any news on a possible Season 4 for The Orville? –Ashton
At TCA this month, I made a beeline for Craig Erwich, President, ABC Entertainment, Hulu & Disney Branded Television Streaming Originals, to ask him that exact question. Alas…. “We don’t have anything to share right now,” Erwich told me. “It’s a great show and I know that the fans loved having it back in their lives. And Seth [MacFarlane] did a great job, uniquely as he can, in front of and behind the camera. But we don’t have anything to share right now.”

May be grasping at straws but i figure "to share right now" means they are open and positive about season 4 but details are still being worked out so it would be premature to make an official announcement.

Let's hope so and that nothing happens at the last minute to prevent season 4 from happening.

May be grasping at straws but i figure "to share right now" means they are open and positive about season 4 but details are still being worked out so it would be premature to make an official announcement.
Or sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Not every statement from a TV executive is vague double speak open to interpretation. Sometimes if one says there is nothing to share, there might really be nothing to share.

The Mission Log: The Orville podcast's X feed is reporting that their own sources say that there will indeed be a fourth season of The Orville (and making it clear they waited until after April 1 so as not to make it clear that the report is not a joke). No official word as of yet.

Do the sets still exist?

I find it difficult to believe, with the streaming contraction and reduced amount of money available compared to a few years ago, that they'd rebuild everything from scratch if they don't.

I don't know what to make of this rumor. I've a generally good sense of The Mission Pod, but it seems unlikely.

Do the sets still exist?

I find it difficult to believe, with the streaming contraction and reduced amount of money available compared to a few years ago, that they'd rebuild everything from scratch if they don't.
Indeed. And I don't feel the same fan movement for The Orville as, say, Firefly.

The Orville was a good show, I loved it and watched all the episodes but I'm under no illusions, it will never return.

Back