The Most Disliked ST Movie, 2023 Edition...

With what's left, my choice is easy... INSURRECTION.

There were some nice scenes, like Geordi watching the sunrise. And the plot actually made more sense than the other two left. And Anthony Zerbe and F. Murray Abraham are two great actors.

STAR TREK: INSURRECTION - 1
STAR TREK: NEMESIS - 0
STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - 0

The overall plot of "Insurrection" is dog vomit, but it has some nice moments: Picard mambo, Geordi's eyes, Riker and Troi rekindling things. At this point, that's enough to save it.

STAR TREK: INSURRECTION - 2
STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - 0

While I don't completely agree with the priority or order the other movies were saved, I am happy to see the stinkiest of the stinkiest are still here.

I cannot choose so I flipped a coin. It fell into the cat litter tray so

STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - 1

Yeah, these are the only 2 Trek films I've seen at the cinema and walked way dissatisfied. I do remember enjoying the first half of Into Darkness, so that's what I'll vote for, I guess.

STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - 2

And we have our first winner of the 'Most Disliked ST Movie'... STAR TREK: NEMESIS.

I am actually surprised it didn't get a single vote when it was head to head against INTO DARKNESS. (Had I gotten to this thread a few minutes earlier, I guess I would have been the sole vote.)

This was a great deal of fun! I want to thank everyone for participating and offering their views on the various movies.

I also want to thank, one last time, BlueStuff for coming up with the 'Least Disliked' version of these games, which inspired me to do the flip side of that equation.

This concludes the 'Most Disliked Episode/Movie' games for 2023! I hope to see everyone here for these games in 2025! Until then... qapla', and live long and prosper!

And I'll be running some themed "Most Disliked" games next.

I'll take a break of a week or two before starting. I'll do some DS9-specific ones in that forum first (first up: "The Most Disliked Garak Appearance"). If anyone wants to be messaged when I post the first one, let me know. Hope to see you all there!

Had I gotten the chance, I would have voted for ID because it wasn't Nemesis. Better choice would have been to add the wedding to "Insurrection", and have Riker leave for the Titan and Data finally take his rightful place as Picard's first officer. And then have the 10th movie feature DS9.

And we have our first winner of the 'Most Disliked ST Movie'... STAR TREK: NEMESIS.

I am actually surprised it didn't get a single vote when it was head to head against INTO DARKNESS. (Had I gotten to this thread a few minutes earlier, I guess I would have been the sole vote.)
I would have seconded you -- I don't like "Nemesis," but I purely loathe "Into Darkness." But timing is everything. And I won't try to say NEM is an unworthy winner -- it killed the TNG films, after all.

I am another who would have gone for Nemesis but, as has been said, timing is everything! Looking back, I realise that I could have saved Insurrection and then immediately voted for Nemesis. I shall know "next time"...

~ Yeah, if I wasn't at pesky work then I'd've voted for Nemesis, too. It has quite a few good bits that I really like (the titles, the Romulan costumes, Lieutenant Branson :luvlove:, Tom Hardy's creepy turn as Shinzon, the way Donatra wiggles her fingers as she leaves the senate hall, the Bassen Rift battle, Troi's revenge against the Viceroy), but there's an awful lot to dislike, too. Still, I'd rather sit through Nemesis than ST ID.

I just find Nemesis so intolerable. To think that very nearly was the end of the TNG crew! That's what makes it so repulsive to me. In a way, "Picard" was 30 hours spent fixing the mistakes of "Nemesis." And they actually pulled it off! Repair job complete!

I have been wondering if revisiting NEM today I would be less disgusted, now that we are on the other side of "Picard."

But I do think Into Darkness is a properly good movie, so glad it was spared.

I like the very hot sex scene in NEM:

A man that looks like a bat dressed in latex massages the scalp of a bald man wearing leather, while they skype themselves with a 50-plus-year old couple roleplaying they are half their ages.

At least that's how I remember. I haven't rewacthed it in ages

I think Insurrection and Final Frontier are worse than Into Darkness but obviously YMMV is the name of the game.

Back