Spoilers The Marvels grade and discussion

How do you rate The Marvels?

• Total voters
In the opening night premiere of Endgame, I had someone sitting right next to me who was watching/using their phone for a significant chunk of the film. It's like, why are you even here? :shrug:
Why not?

That's how my wife is. She struggles with significant ADHD and will be doing something on her phone during a movie or show.

There is always a danger in assuming someone's motivation.

I'm starting to think we should do 2 postings for a new movie. One thread can be for those who want to discuss the box office. The other thread for those who want to discuss the movie. I'm not even joking.

I watched the movie today. I liked it. It's not great but worth the money I put down for it. If anything, I felt it was too short and I was a bit confused in some places. The speed at which the story moves didn't give me time to think about what was actually going on. I think the villain suffered because of this too. Yes, Marvel could do better but the movie isn't bad and those who were in the theater, like myself, enjoyed it.

Again. The whole pre-ticket sales deciding a movie's fate annoys the hell out of me. How can you judge a movie that hasn't come out yet because of it's pre-ticket sales? Why is this now a factor?

Last edited:
Why not?

That's how my wife is. She struggles with significant ADHD and will be doing something on her phone during a movie or show.

There is always a danger in assuming someone's motivation.
I'm sorry for your wife's struggles. In a movie theater, however, the glowing phone screen is a significant and intrusive distraction to nearby patrons.

I once had a guy in a theater talking on his cell phone during the film. I turned and looked at him like, "Are you an actual, clinical sociopath?"

I'm sorry for your wife's struggles. In a movie theater, however, the glowing phone screen is a significant and intrusive distraction to nearby patrons.

I once had a guy in a theater talking on his cell phone during the film. I turned and looked at him like, "Are you an actual, clinical sociopath?"

People have gotten worse in theaters since COVID. Most should wait for the film to hit a streaming service and watch at home, rather than disrupting other viewers.

We sit in the back far away from people.

Of course, we haven't been to the theater in 3 years. But, even at home watching a show or film that's how it goes or even in conversations. She multitasks well, though I find it annoying.
Again. The whole pre-ticket sales deciding a movie's fate annoys the hell out of me. How can you judge a movie that hasn't come out yet because of it's pre-ticket sales? Why is this now a factor?
That's my question. Why do people care so much about the business success or failure with a film? I don't believe the idea that "well, I want it to do well/not do well because I want more/less." Why is that a big deal? Did you like the film or not?

Thus far it sounds like the business side is way more interesting than the film itself.

I don't believe the idea that "well, I want it to do well/not do well because I want more/less." Why is that a big deal? Did you like the film or not?

It's like having a show you love getting canceled because not enough people watched it. You HOPE more are on your side to keep what you love going. It can be applied to movies as well. Comics. Restaurants. Sure, life goes on, yadda yadda, but it's human nature to want more of what we enjoy.

It's like having a show you love getting canceled because not enough people watched it. You HOPE more are on your side to keep what you love going. It can be applied to movies as well. Comics. Restaurants. Sure, life goes on, yadda yadda, but it's human nature to want more of what we enjoy.
Would not the logical course be to appreciate having what we enjoy, rather than wishing for what might not be?

I don't know. To me, I've wished for several shows to continue without success and ones that do not interest me continue on unyielding.

I'm probably the wrong person to ask though. I never expect to be on the majority.

Think about how insane making this movie at its budget was to begin with. This is a relatively unknown character without a huge following. Why not do a low budget Marvel movie direct to D+? Disney has a budgeting problem. At least they were smart enough to not throw lots of cash at the first Antman movie.

What movie and character are you even talking about here?

This movie wasn't the first Captain Marvel movie and the last one made over a billion dollars on a 150m budget, so an extra 70m wasn't exactly 'insanity' territory.

What movie and character are you even talking about here?

This movie wasn't the first Captain Marvel movie and the last one made over a billion dollars on a 150m budget, so an extra 70m wasn't exactly 'insanity' territory.

Ms. Marvel.

Can you see Fury and his Skrull wife on a double date with Kamala's mum and dad?

Back