The Good Place Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Sep 13, 2018.

1. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Another left field theory for who one of the last two humans might be. Seems unlikely but they would totally do it.

Blake Bortles. Playing himself. :)

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not positive, but I think I did read somewhere that they were trying to get him on the show.

3. JirinPanthosa

Haha, instead of going in the direction of more people the humans knew about, they just made the 4th guy a misogynist "Hey don't be so offended and PC!" kind of guy.

4. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Along with new episodes, be sure to check out the podcast after watching. This week's pod features D'Arcy Carden, Kirby Howell-Baptiste, and episode co-writer Andrew Law. Plus, Jameela Jamil was on last night's episode of The Daily Show.

That was a nice touch, especially when they also showed he was underachiever during his dumb Ivy League brag.

I loved how they all expected Simone would be the easy one to handle because they know her, but then Simone went all pragmatic scientist on them. :lol:

My heart wept for Eleanor during interaction with Chidi. :wah:

But at least we got this awesome quote from that interaction:

"I can summon philosophy books like Thor's hammer! This is literally my number one dream. Also, ow!"

5. JirinPanthosa

I love that Simone thinks for sure she’s in a coma dream.

I’m curious how they are going to get the 4 To make moral decisions without the torture scenarios of the original village. All of them think they are awesome people who belong there so nobody has any need to sneak or learn.

My favorite moment of the episode, “Everyone sing the official song of the Bad Place. 1 877 Kars 4 Kids!”

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  6. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

That got the biggest laugh from me. How they secured rights to use that song I don't know, but it was such a perfect moment. :guffaw:

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Anybody going to start a thread for the new season? I know I started last season's, but I just really don't feel like it this time, so if someone else wants to, feel free.

This season was off to a pretty good start.
    I was a bit surprised Simone was the only familiar member of the first four. All of her crazy behavior once she decided she was dead was pretty funny.
    The undercover demon going from boring to evil was good.
    I'm very curious to see what they end up doing with the obnoxious asshole guy.
    It'll be interesting to see what happens now that Chidi is #4.

8. EnderAKH

EnderAKH Commodore Premium Member

Ok, like, am I alone in thinking when Janet and Michael got on the train at the end, one or both of them got replaced? They made sure the Michael skin suit was in the previously on.

9. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I didn't think anything was off about that scene when watching it, but the A.V. Club and io9 reviewers both thought something was suspicious, so you guys might be onto something.

10. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've been thinking all along that one or some of them will be given the Eleanor treatment. They'll know that they aren't the actual person who was meant to be there. None of their life history will match. Once they know they're there on a fraudulent basis, it'll be easier to push them to trying to better themselves, in order to deserve being there. That also means putting Chidi through what he went through in season one, lying for one of them, which he only really did, because he maybe had feelings for Eleanor. It'll be much harder to orchestrate that with either of the two main d-bags in this season. lol

I made one :)

11. JirinPanthosa

I'm not sure which one of them can be convinced they don't belong there, though. The boat has already sailed with John, after Tahani recognized him. So it would have to be Brent. But Brent seems to think he's just that awesome and it's the women who are being ridiculous for getting mad.

12. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

My recording got cut off so when Michael was starting to use the hand gesture, I didn't see what happened after that. I saw this being brought up on reddit and I was a little confused what was going on.

13. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

After the booyah hand gesture bit, they just walk out of the shot & the last shot is the train pulling out, with "To be continued" appearing on screen

Yeah, I guess that's right, they kind of burned the Tahani blogger guy. So it would have to be the new guy. It's decreasingly likely they are going to go this way though, but if the new guy knew he had been confused with another guy of the same name, it might have worked, but even he has divulged too much about his actual life for it to work that way now

Like I said in the other thread. They may turn this whole experiment on its ear at some point & go down a whole other rabbit hole

14. EnderAKH

EnderAKH Commodore Premium Member

For me, it was:
    • The inclusion of the Michael skin suit bit in the previously on.
    • Bad Janet tells them to let Chris go and Michael makes a big deal about putting him on the train themselves.
    • He and Janet disappear with no shots of them or sound from them on the train.
    • Janet is silent after getting off the train.
    • Michael makes a point about telling Shawn "Booyah," ostensibly a call back to Pandemonium, but could also be a signal from the demon (likely Vicki, finally a meaty part for her) to Shawn that the switch was executed.
    I could be wrong, but it all felt super weird to me.