The Good News Thread

I've been taking anti-depresseants since a while back, and a few weeks ago we upped the dosage, so now they're really making a positive difference to my mental health. And they help me loose weight :D

Great news! It's wonderful when you finally get the dosage right on meds like that. Medication isn't right for everyone, but when they work they really work! :techman:
Yeah I was surprised how much better everything feels now that it's kicked in. Things are just...you know, good! Last night I felt immeansly content for the first time in a long while. Hope they keep working.

Good luck with the date Goji! :techman:

Goods news here -- my mother loved the gift I sent her.

I sent her a thing of strawberry flavored, no sugar no calorie creame chewables that I purchased at Big Lots. And I included a few cherry flavored no sugar no calorie hard candies.

She didn't want to go to the grocery store and had no snacks and was craving some, and low & behold -- that's when the package arrived. The day after Mother's Day, but still -- it got there.

I've been taking anti-depresseants since a while back, and a few weeks ago we upped the dosage, so now they're really making a positive difference to my mental health. And they help me loose weight :D

That's awesome to hear. I know it can be frustrating when things don't seem to be working, but you stuck with it and found something that works! Good luck on the weight-loss as well!

I'm going back to work on monday after having been on sick leave for almost 3 months due to a broken ankle.
Fortunately the academy has an excellent program to get me back on track (and in shape!). I can walk again (yay!), drive my car, but no running just yet. My reintegration program involves sports five times a week.. :o
So hopefully if all goes well, I can finish my study in august and graduate in december. :)

Great news, Omnius! Sounds like with your motivation and the program you'll get back on track just fine. Glad to hear your ankle is better too. :)

My new job is going really well.

That's really good to hear; glad you're enjoying the job, your co-workers, and finding time for a social life as well!

Good news on my part:
- Mother's Day presents for everyone went over really well
- Mother's Day brunch with my husband, parents, and in-laws went really well (a scenario I could not have imagined when my husband and I first started dating)
- the 9/10 on a quiz that had been bugging me all weekend was magically corrected to a 10/10 and makes me more confident in my knowledge of the material
- my parents a)took interest in things I was telling them about my classes and b)actually seem proud of me!

I scored some awesomely priced airline tickets to Long Beach, CA.

I hope you are going to see family. Just because I live next to Long Beach and unless you going to the new Comic-con or seeing family I can't see why you'd wanna go there.:lol: And the Comic-con isn't until October.

(Actually I kid. Long Beach has some really nice areas. My girlfriend and I love to go to the dog beach there).
I am heading there for a business convention. Oh and my seats are in 1st class for about $200 more than coach. Since I am catching a red eye back the $200 in savings from not spending another night in a hotel are now being used to pay for the ticket.

That's awesome to hear. I know it can be frustrating when things don't seem to be working, but you stuck with it and found something that works! Good luck on the weight-loss as well!
Didn't take that much really, first med I tried, just didn't start taking much except some weight loss until we upped the dosage. Now I'm happy as well :)

As for good news, todays good news is that dad agrees in my choice for a replacment car for the Saab. We'll just have to see how we can figure out the economy seeing as it's a bit expensive for a used car, but I think worth it. It's a current gen Skoda Superb Sedan by the way.

Back