The Good News Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Robert Maxwell, May 7, 2010.

1. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

Yeah I was surprised how much better everything feels now that it's kicked in. Things are just...you know, good! Last night I felt immeansly content for the first time in a long while. Hope they keep working.

Good luck with the date Goji! :techman:

2. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

My mother liked her gifts. As well she should!

3. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

Goods news here -- my mother loved the gift I sent her.

I sent her a thing of strawberry flavored, no sugar no calorie creame chewables that I purchased at Big Lots. And I included a few cherry flavored no sugar no calorie hard candies.

She didn't want to go to the grocery store and had no snacks and was craving some, and low & behold -- that's when the package arrived. The day after Mother's Day, but still -- it got there.

4. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't die yet. That's gotta be good news for the landlord.

5. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

And for us!

6. The Grim Ghost

The Grim Ghost Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've got 5 records coming out over the next 10 months!

7. MetalPants

MetalPants Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I got my blood pressure medicine today! That is really good news for me!

8. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

That's awesome to hear. I know it can be frustrating when things don't seem to be working, but you stuck with it and found something that works! Good luck on the weight-loss as well!

Great news, Omnius! Sounds like with your motivation and the program you'll get back on track just fine. Glad to hear your ankle is better too. :)

That's really good to hear; glad you're enjoying the job, your co-workers, and finding time for a social life as well!

Good news on my part:
    - Mother's Day presents for everyone went over really well
    - Mother's Day brunch with my husband, parents, and in-laws went really well (a scenario I could not have imagined when my husband and I first started dating)
    - the 9/10 on a quiz that had been bugging me all weekend was magically corrected to a 10/10 and makes me more confident in my knowledge of the material
    - my parents a)took interest in things I was telling them about my classes and b)actually seem proud of me!

9. FrontLine

FrontLine Nekkid Hedonistic Ethical Slut Admiral

I am heading there for a business convention. Oh and my seats are in 1st class for about $200 more than coach. Since I am catching a red eye back the $200 in savings from not spending another night in a hotel are now being used to pay for the ticket.

10. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

Didn't take that much really, first med I tried, just didn't start taking much except some weight loss until we upped the dosage. Now I'm happy as well :)

As for good news, todays good news is that dad agrees in my choice for a replacment car for the Saab. We'll just have to see how we can figure out the economy seeing as it's a bit expensive for a used car, but I think worth it. It's a current gen Skoda Superb Sedan by the way.

11. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

Got a Blu-ray player at last. Woohoo!