The Force Awakens Vs The Last Jedi

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Saul, Jan 3, 2018.

?

Which did you like better? The Force Awakens or The Last Jedi?

1. The Force Awakens

46 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. The Last Jedi

48 vote(s)
    51.1%
  1. Spot261

Spot261 Vice Admiral Admiral

Hilarious.

For what it's worth, I stand by my concern that you are taking this way too personally and attaching way too much importance to it. I don't know you, it doesn't affect me, but quite a few people have tried to gently make the suggestion with no personal incentive other than being concerned about a total stranger.

Maybe it's a little unfair to take the piss out of people who could just say nothing and leave you to it?

fireproof78 likes this.
  2. Trek Survivor

Trek Survivor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

A vote here for "The Last Jedi".

Qonundrum likes this.
  3. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Spot261 likes this.
  4. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm surprised at how close the poll is.

Spot261 likes this.
  5. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

It seems Ms. Kennedy's job is still safe.

*phew!

Spot261 likes this.
  6. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

Don't look at me Doc, your the one showing me ink blots of Rian Johnson.
    You don't have to feign any concern for me, if anything I find it rather cathartic. Perhaps quite a few people are just going to have to learn to deal with it.
    As long as it pertains to the topic at hand, I'm entitled to express my opinion.

* But will say this; Once Rian Johnson is stricken from any future involvement with Star Wars, I give my word that I will never speak, type or otherwise invoke his name ever again.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  7. Hela

Hela Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can’t imagine why your posts (vitriolic personal attacks and encouragement of harassment, followed by hiding behind vicitimisation and self rightousness when called out, repeat) might set off people’s ‘discourage this line of thinking ASAP’ alarm bells.

[​IMG]

And in case you haven’t noticed, people are ‘dealing with’ your behaviour.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    fireproof78 and Spot261 like this.
  8. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

A nonsensical viewpoint that is completely divorced from reality isn't called an opinion; it's called a delusion.

Spot261 likes this.
  9. Spot261

Because despite all the vitriol to the contrary, TLJ was a really popular and well received film I guess.

Who knew?

Oh yeah, most of us......

10. Spot261

Express your opinion by all means, but the hatred (and endorsement of personal abuse) against a real human being who did nothing worse than write a film you dislike is disturbing.

People involved in that film are being harassed in the real world by people who think that's ok, who think they are entitled to behave that way, just like you.

It's not ok, it's embarrassing to the fandom as a whole, it's part of a pattern of real abuse which in many cases has started to border on the criminal. In your case it frankly comes across as obsessive.

fireproof78 likes this.
  11. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

@EnsignRicky , not quite. because it also matters HOW you express that opinion. So take it easy

fireproof78 and Campe like this.
  12. yotsuya

yotsuya Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Every time I watch TFA, I find it the same. Every time I watch TLJ I like it more. I see and notice new things. Rian Johnson made a film with has much depth and George Lucas did. J.J. Abrams is good at things on the surface, but he likes to create these mystery box plot points and really are only useful once. "I am your father" worked the first time, but after that you knew it was coming. Abrams piled on mystery boxes to explore later and a lot of people are mad a Rian Johnson for coming along and blowing several of them off. A lot of people are mad at how Luke acts, but seem to forget the whiny farmboy of the original trilogy. The old curmudgeon we get in TLJ is about the only realistic outcome of his self exile. And the character is perfectly in keeping with Luke's demonstrated personality quirks. A lot of people have complained about the dry humor of TLJ and haven't bothered to learn that it came from Carrie Fisher, a professional script doctor who worked over TLJ. I never liked Hayden's performance in the prequels, but when I realized he was delivering his lines like James Earl Jones, it made sense and I could live with it. While I don't think a lot of people who say they hate TLJ will change their minds, you might find some of the choices more acceptable if you bother to learn why those choices were made and what the background is. My issues with TFA are structural and I find the issues just ruin the film for me in many ways. But I see no way to fix them and I hope when I get to watch the entire sequel trilogy back to back that they might bother me less.

Jedi_Master and Campe like this.
  13. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

Oh man! TFA is ahead by a vote! I hope Kathleen Kennedy is printing her resume!