Spoilers The Flash - Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Commander Richard, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

Warrior Angel? :lol:

2. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Superboy as a senior police officer?

Maybe in the U.K/Australian or New Zealand but not the U.S :)

Guy Gardener likes this.
  3. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

He was playing a recurring guest character in season one or two and was a love interest of Ally.
    Like almost anyone on that show he also sang in the bar.

4. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Which is damned confusing to a non-Superman scholar such as myself, as it makes me assume Kara Zor-El is dating one of her cousins.

In other words, the writers claim to appreciate musicals via the words they put in characters' mouths, but when they actually do a musical episode, they have Barry and Kara appear completely ignorant about their story structure (in thinking there wouldn't be a gang war as part of the musical's natural "script"), and then they abruptly jettison the musical plot line with a "just kidding!" plot swerve. Way to show your appreciation, guys. :rolleyes:

(What's next? Having a character claim to love Casablanca, and show it to his girlfriend, only for them both to talk over, and then abruptly ditch the movie for no reason, during its finale? Soooo much appreciation; sooo much sophistication!)

To be clear, I'm not at all demanding that the writers genuinely love Casablanca or musicals. I just don't like being treated like an idiot when they give us these self-defeating, point-missing "homages" that only give the impression of doing so, while they foist the pathetic pairings of Barry/Iris and Wally/Jessie on us, and expect us not to notice we're being sloppily pandered to.

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Well, it's not like they don't mention he's from Daxam at least once per episode. You know, that whole subplot about him being the prince?

6. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

^ No I don't, because I don't watch that show. I know no more about him than Cisco and the rest of Team Flash, who would also assume, based on his name, that another cousin of Kara's is now on her Earth, and is her boyfriend.

7. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Not necessarily. If they're not familiar with Kryptonian naming conventions, they might not even know that "El" is the name of Clark and Kara's house; they might think it's just a common suffix, like how lots of Spanish names end in "-ez" or lots of Romanian names end in "-escu."

8. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Clip from tonight's ep:

Looks good. Abracadabra looks very powerful and menacing.

9. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Abracadabra mentioned someone named
    Devoe. Only Devoe I can find on google is someone who went by the name The Thinker

10. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

That was the most preposterous surgery ever.

Grendelsbayne likes this.
  11. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Based on the promo for the next episode "once and future flash", I think Savatar is a future alternate universe Barry Allen who became so distraught after Iris' death that he goes mad and our Barry Allen has to imprison him in the speed force.

12. Christopher

Nice chase scene with the timeship, speedsters, and vibers. Now I'm wondering if the younger Citizen Abra in the 64th century will happen across the empty timeship and use it to travel back in time, beginning his career as the Flash's adversary. ;)

I also liked seeing Joe go all Dad Cop on Gypsy, reminding her that she was on his turf and had no business reading him the riot act. That was an interesting interplay to see, since they're both basically law-enforcement officers. Also since Gypsy is someone that Joe doesn't consider a friend or loved one, so Jesse L. Martin was really able to cut loose with a much more forceful performance than usual.

I think this is the first time we've seen Stagg Industries since Thawne/Wells killed Simon Stagg way back in episode 2. We also got another Kord Industries namedrop along with Mercury Labs.

Romulan_spy likes this.
  13. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why is the next episode April 25th?!

14. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Because there are only 26 episodes in a season but 52 weeks in a year.

15. Christopher

^23 episodes in a season in the case of The Flash. This was episode 18, so the last 5 will air consecutively from April 25 to May 23.

Also because iZombie returns next Tuesday at 9, so the Legends of Tomorrow season finale will be airing in The Flash's time slot next week.

16. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Yeah, I realized got the number of episodes a season wrong while I was waiting for my dog to come inside. I was thinking of Star Trek series which sometimes did have 26 episode seasons.

17. Christopher

Almost always, really, except for TNG season 2 (due to the '88 writers' strike), DS9's and VGR's first seasons (due to starting in midseason), and ENT's last two seasons (due to sagging ratings). In fact, the Trek shows were pretty much the last ones to stick with 26-episode seasons after nearly everything else on network TV had dropped to 22 as the norm.

Anyway, I had an idea for how they can save Iris: Have the Waverider cloaked nearby, and after Savitar stabs her and leaves, have Barry rush her aboard the ship so Gideon can heal her. That way, the future happens as shown, but Iris survives. Which is actually a bit similar to how Iris survived being murdered by Thawne in the '70s comics.

18. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

The villain made a better Abrakadabra than he did Murdock.

19. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Still half way though the episode.

The first speedster is Chuck Yeager.

:)

Just saying, yup.

N-121973 likes this.
  20. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Time-travelers definitely seem to be drawn to Barry. Doesn't Olly get any love in the future? Why does everybody want to go back in time to be Barry's nemesis? Maybe Barry should have taken a page from Smallville and become "The Blur." All this publicity is apparently drawing psychos from the future like a moth to the flame.