The Down Under Lounge

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by teacake, Jun 27, 2014.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I am in SHOCK about the curfew. Curfew in Melbourne from 8pm to 5am for 6 weeks :eek:

It feels like a war :(

2. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

OMG.......... And what happens to people defying it? Will there be penalties, and will they actually be enforced?

3. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I'm just trying to keep positive. I'm annoyed at those that have broken the rules and made it harder for the rest of us. I haven't been out at night for a long while. I just keep making digital art - to keep me sane. and watching lots of science fiction.

I'll know more tomorrow with what restrictions will be coming with other shops - as there is stuff I want to buy.

teacake likes this.
  4. Gingerbread Demon

> You will only be allowed to move within 5km of your home
    > Only one person per household is to shop once per day
    > Only exceptions to the 8pm - 5am curfew are workers with a valid exemption and Essential workers

That's what I got off the news just now.

https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/updates...ers-statement-changes-melbournes-restrictions

5. PlainSimpleJoel

I saw that earlier. Thanks anyways. I am gonna head out and buy some food in the morning.

I'm wondering about stores like officeworks and big w, if they will remain open. Been thinking about buying a new phone, as a birthday present for myself and I need a new phone. But at the moment - I'm just gonna relax.

6. Gingerbread Demon

When we had to stay home here in SA we still had things like home deliveries and such so I'd imagine retailers like Officeworks would still do trade only via delivery if it came to that.

7. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Those silly bitches that flew from Melb to Bris, went to a restaurant. A guy that went there on the same night and sat nearby has tested positive. His partner works at an aged care facility.

Sometimes I just shake my head at humanity.

8. PlainSimpleJoel

^ They should be served with jail time for what they did.

Day 1 of stage 4 restrictions. Planning on going out to buy some lunch later and go for a ride at the same time to get some exercise.

9. Gingerbread Demon

C Cunts
    O Of
    V Victoria
    I Ignoring
    D Directions

10. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

Tasmania was going to open its borders up to WA, SA and NT on 7 August but it has just been announced our borders will be staying closed.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  11. Gingerbread Demon

Ouch.

NZ has canceled its trans tasman travel bubble because of Victoria

12. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Nice to see scummo showed some common sense and the feds won't back palmer with his lawsuit over the w.a border closure.

Should never have gotten involved in the first place.

Had morrison and porter used an ounce of common sense they would have realised the dangers.

Had the High Court ruled it was illegal then all border closures would have to be lifted.

and speaking of idiots in the federal govt, what does craig kelly do before some-one tells him the STF

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...aking-on-medical-experts-20200803-p55i7j.html

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...e-25-years-in-jail-for-hydroxychloroquine-ban

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  13. Australis

Kelly is a complete idiot, no extra parts required.

I don't understand those people who think that lockdown rules apply to everyone else... except them. Three blokes in their 20s just tried to get into Qld, after spending weeks in Vic. In what possible way could they have thought that was a good idea?

14. PlainSimpleJoel

725 new cases in Victoria and 15 dead, including a man died in 30s. :( I'm pretty much staying at home today. Might go for a ride later.

15. Australis

Look after yourselves, Vic peeps.

16. Gingerbread Demon

Yes Victorians look after yourselves.... Just sick of this virus but I think it will be around for a few years. We will have to adapt.

17. PlainSimpleJoel

It is absolutely worrying. Numbers are still rising. Hopefully lock down will fix up that, but might take a few days for the impact of the new rules to change the numbers. I pretty much check the numbers in council area. There was 31 active cases in postcode a few days. Not sure now.

18. Gingerbread Demon

The lockdown is fine it's just the dickheads who refuse to follow directions and think that they can do whatever the hell they want. That woman on the news last night or night before bashed in the head of a policewoman who's only fault was to asking about why she didn't have a mask on.

Some people are acting like fucking dickheads. Also say what you want about Dan Andrews but I think he's doing the best he can given this situation and everyone on forums is attacking him and his govt. for what?

19. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

so little joshie frydenberg was jumping up and down demand to know what when wrong in Victoria vis-a-vis covid-19 and dumping it on the state government.

Unfortunately to the little treasurer, reports are starting to emerge the the scummo and the feds have a lot to answer for.

For example the security company chosen for the hotel quarantine came form a list tended by the feds
    https://twitter.com/mister_wynn/status/1291525448954863616?s=20

many of those employed by the security firm were casualised workers who did shifts are difference locations (and lets not forget who's been encouraging casualisation of the work force boys and girls.

scummo and the sontaran in the human skin suit were recently asked again about the Ruby Princess (which was the source point for a very large percentage of the early Australian cases). It didn't go well.

https://twitter.com/andrewprobyn/status/1291562437871669249

they've also banned federal public servants from giving evidence at the related inquiry (just as they did with the S.A inquiry into water from the Murray River).

Australis likes this.
  20. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

^^^ also, I believe that nursing homes are a responsibility of the Federal Government.