The Down Under Lounge

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by teacake, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

Trial but why use the poor as guinea pigs?

2. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

(all their videos are good)

Gingerbread Demon likes this.
  3. Gingerbread Demon

So much truth. Much like.

4. Australis

Anyone see that awful crap Craig Kelly was saying a few days ago?

This Govt thinks compassionate when they see a passionfruit compote. They are completely out of touch.

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Tonight I ate a Mint Slice, think it's been a few years since I've eaten one. It tasted the same but I swear is 1/3 smaller.

6. Gingerbread Demon

Not to mention that other guy, the LDP guy who was saying stuff about Sarah Hanson Young and hiding behind excuses like "but she was mean to my fee fees"

The govt. is very silent about the fact thousands of people are opting out of "myhealthrecord.com" and the AMA are trying to sweet talk people into not opting out.

Sorry I don't trust the govt. with the safety of medical records by the way if you want to opt out here is the phone number to opt out, you will need a medicare card number.

1800 723 471.

https://www.myhealthrecord.gov.au/for-you-your-family/opt-out-my-health-record

Lots and lots and lots of people are opting out.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...ecord-as-backlash-builds-20180724-p4ztb0.html

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  7. Australis

I wouldn't be surprised. Shall we talk about Wagon Wheels? They went down to half the size or something, before complaints forced them to bring back 'original'.

I'm in two minds about this. From a medical standpoint, it makes great sense. From a privacy/ethical/administration sense, it's really worrying. If insurers get your data and decide you're a future heath risk, you're stuffed. The current Govt is useless with this kind of thing, and I don't know if Labor would be any better, because same Public Service.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  8. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Do they still have the same shape though?

Found wagon wheels here but they aren't don't even have the serrated edges and the raspberry is optional.

http://www.darefoods.com/ca_en/brand/wagon-wheels/20

Seems of the flaws that would allow police etc access to your medical data date back to the original legislation introduced under labor which is one thing but it's made worse when the current health minister is going around making statements that are blatant wrong and when called out about based on documents from the parliamentary library is even worse.

I agree the idea is good in principle but anyohe who's not a medical professional involved in the treatment of a patient should stay the fuck out of their medical records and that goes for cops and health insurers (may they burn in hell).

9. Australis

Next time I'm at the shops, I'll have a look. I'll but one, purely for research purposes. :)

10. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

I remember how big Wagon Wheels were in the 1960s. One was practically a meal.

11. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

When I last had a wagon wheel about a year ago I had to go look at the package because I thought I had bought a mini version. Nope, that is them. Also they used to taste better. Really kind of pointless. I've had a few really big ones that are made by market people or hipster cafes, those were delicious. I think everything about the original ones is now shoddy and sad.

Australis likes this.
  12. Marc

some old Wagon Wheels ads

And I can remember both running on tv but thought there was also one where some boys were playing cowboys with the last line being "hit the dirt, here she comes again" and a gunshot followed by a bite being taken out of a Wagon Wheel.

13. Gingerbread Demon

But the government has promised police won't have or be able to access these records. They promised us this is true. /s

Thank you for posting those ads. Brings back memories.

Could the reduction in size be due to claims of cost and also the fear of obesity which seems to have a big media presence?

14. Australis

N o. No company thinks of that. Just profits.

Gingerbread Demon and teacake like this.
  15. Australis

In other news...

Ahhhhhhh...

That satisfying feeling you get when the LNP is beaten.

16. Marc

After all this took how it would be a litmus test on shorten's leadership I think there talking about the wrong leader.

And speaking of the wrong, by all accounts the lnp critter on skynews was an absolute nozzle. You'd think the lnp had won from the way he was going on.carrying on.

Very satisfying that voters in mayo gave a major fuck you to libs and the ipa by telling told ms downer to go jump (1.9% swing away from the libs on primary). Trying to parachute a candidate who hadn't lived in the electorate for the better part of 20 years and run on the family name (and about time the downers stopped sucking the tax payer teat - she would have been the 3rd generation).

Gingerbread Demon and Australis like this.
  17. Gingerbread Demon

Very happy with By Election result

18. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

Wagon Wheels are revolting.

19. Gingerbread Demon

They are not... Ssssh infedel

20. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

Swap you for a Freddo frog any day.