Spoilers The Devil's Hour

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Nov 4, 2022.

1. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Surprised there is no discussion on this new show?

If you have not watched it - leave the thread until you have.

If you have watched it - what did you think?

2. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I was going to start one in the Doctor Who forum, given the involvement of Capaldi, Moffat and Jessica Raine (who was in DW and also An Adventure in Time and Space). But I’m terminally lazy.

My wife and I binged it last weekend, thought it was great. We very rarely binge shows, FWIW. Obviously Capaldi was brilliant but there wasn’t a weak link in the cast (what with this, The Batman & Andor in his recent CV, Alex Ferns is having a good run of it lately).

The less viewers know in advance, the better. I kinda guessed what was going on with Gideon relatively early but it still kept me guessing until well into the show.

3. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Was Ravi a murderer in another life - Gideon talked about how using his fear method, you could make a murderer afraid of blood

4. Captaindemotion

That’s a good point; I didn’t pick up on that but could have been the intention

5. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

I'm watching an episode every couple days. Through episode 2 as of today and the connections are starting to form.

I do hope it eventually comes together (whether there's a S2 or not). A show can be great, yet be way too mysterious at the same time. Orphan Black had a lot of that, and Brand New Cherry Flavor left me with as many questions as answers.

I've seen at least 3 actors that appeared on DW (at least that I've recognized pretty quick), aside from the obvious Scotsman. Watch enough British shows and they'll pop up somewhere.

6. Captaindemotion

7. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

I just watched episode 6 today. What a strange and mysterious show.

They definitely left it open for more seasons. For a little while, I was actually wondering if they were going to reveal Gideon as Lucy's father, until we saw that her mother had the same dreams and saw things and people that weren't there.

I will definitely watch more when it comes.

8. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Interesting show. I think it could have opened up the mystery a little more instead of leaving it to be explored in season 2 but will definitely come back for more.

9. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Ooh that is interesting!

I enjoyed it. It was a touch longwinded in places and
    her ex husband was too obviously a wrong un
    but it's one of the better portrayals of such ideas that I've seen.

10. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm really enjoying the acting in this show, but I think the editing leaves something to be desired. I hope it all pays off in the last episode I'm about to watch.