The BORG, and the Lost potential

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by STEPhon IT, Apr 24, 2016.

1. STEPhon IT

STEPhon IT Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Zombies eat any part of the human anatomy, eating brains came from the comedy "The Return of the Living Dead". So if the Borg assimilated the Living Dead they would eat brains, spines, hearts, livers, kidneys... oh!!! They can't forget about the kidneys!!!

2. Farscape One

Farscape One Vice Admiral Admiral

And let's not forget intestines. They are the zombie equivalent of sausage links.

(Zombiespeak) Mmmm... meaty humans.

3. STEPhon IT

It would be quite frightening if the Borg grabbed a victim and started eating the person.

Has anyone ever wondered what a Borg planet would look like?

4. gakelly

gakelly Commander Red Shirt

Star Trek TNG would have been much better had it been on one of the cable networks...Cinemax or Showtime.

5. Ghost

Ghost Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Kind of like how the Borg assimilate people and ships and repurpose their form to the Borg's own use I think any planet the Borg take over is also completely made over to suit the Borg's needs, disposing of any native biospheres and other unnecessary features until only things that serve a purpose remain.
    Think sort of like Coruscant from Star Wars but a planet covered in buildings that serve as power plants, manufacturing centers, Borg regeneration facilities etc.

Perhaps the Borg even build into a planet to tap into its core for energy and build towards the sky.

STEPhon IT likes this.
  6. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

7. Ghost

Ghost Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I really think all buildings and especially the statue of liberty would be demolished as they either are ineffective or serve no purpose (the statue would not be integrated into Borg structures).
    I imagine everything looking more like an industrial area like a chemical plant or oil refinery.

8. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

OTOH, if the Borg have nothing better to do with that area, why waste the energy to demolish it? Just like the way they'll let humans wander around their cubes until they start causing problems.

Unimatrix Q and suarezguy like this.
  9. STEPhon IT

LOL!!! I'd scratch my head on that one as well. It seemed uncharacteristic of the Borg to care about such things like a logo.

I was thinking the Borg Cube sucked and pulled a technological planet's foundation right out of the ground. Scary stuff, I wish my imagination was visually depicted on a Star Trek episode or a movie. Missed opportunity not see how the Borg obliterated Guinan's world.

Unimatrix Q and publiusr like this.
  10. Arpy

Arpy Vice Admiral Admiral

I wonder what the Borg homeworld looks like. I don’t imagine they have any sentimental attachment to it, and they (before they had a Queen) were less centralized, so maybe there is no single largest Borg location. But some thoughts come to me:

Borg Dyson Sphere.

Borg Coruscant.

Borg Uniicomplex using all the matter of an entire solar system. They broke down everything and made a space-station the size of a little nebula. Maybe with chunks of planetoids interspersed throughout.

Multiple ones of each for the oldest “core” systems, slowly picked apart over the centuries.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  11. STEPhon IT

How interesting? This entire thread alone has more concepts and ideas to propel the Borg than the entire series of Voyager.

Unimatrix Q likes this.
  12. JesterFace

JesterFace Fleet Captain Commodore

There was a moment in 'First Contact' (movie) where we saw the Earth from orbit assimilated by the Borg.

13. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it was covered with metal. Looks like biodiversity is shot to hell!!!

14. JesterFace

[​IMG]

15. JesterFace

[​IMG]

Discofan likes this.
  16. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

:lol:

17. STEPhon IT

From what I know about the Borg, they don't assimilate planets they assimilate people. Whatever resources or technology the Borg needs on a world they rip it right out of its foundation. What's seen in First Contact felt "Matrix" like-- a re-imagination but that's no surprise there.

Unimatrix Q likes this.
  18. Verteron

Verteron Lux in tenebris lucet Premium Member

[​IMG]

Population nine billion - all Borg.

19. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

What I don't get is why would they need roads at all, like there seem to be on this map. First, they have the transporters and why in hell would they need the borg to travel? The scenery is pretty much the same everywhere and one borg is the same as another. In all logic, a borg shouldn't need to move more than a few meters from the place it was first constructed.

20. Verteron

Verteron Lux in tenebris lucet Premium Member

I'm not sure what the Borg do with planets full stop, apart from strip mining them for resources. If that's all they were doing though, surely there'd be more changes to surface features than what we see here. Maybe they're removing metal ores from under the ground first and using them to build stuff. I'm not sure though.

So what are they all doing down there? Maybe just providing raw 'CPU' for the hive mind to do its thinking?

It's much easier to build spaceships in space. It's also arguably better to do science experiments (e.g. with Omega, which the Borg did try) on a spaceship. There are resources in space that are easier to get at (asteroid mining).

Anyone care to speculate?

21. Arpy

Arpy Vice Admiral Admiral

Why wouldn’t they also be on planets? They need resources to build and maintain ships. Borg ships maintain atmospheres, so maybe planetary atmospheres are easier on the the biological components of the drones. Lower heating bills on plants instead of Outer Space too. And drones need to “be” somewhere so why not planets?

We don’t really know what Borg “do” beyond maintain themselves and assimilate others. What do think about in that giant hive mind of theirs? One possibility is ponder the perfection of the omega molecule. Another is to try to grow beyond their limits too as we do beyond ours.

22. STEPhon IT

Even though they're half cybernetic they still need some sort of organic food source to stay alive, I would believe.