The Big Bang Theory Season 6 Discussion

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by trekkiebaggio, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Brolan

Brolan Commodore Commodore

A couple of things are bothering about the show now. One is they are being awfully cruel to Howard's character. He comes back from space, to no welcome whatever, and in the next episode they have to make him too embarrassed to talk about being in space. Are the writers afraid they can't make fun of Howard anymore unless they grind him into the dirt? Pathetic.

The other thing is I'm fed up with Amy's whining. If we have to listen to Amy whine to Sheldon every episode I hope they kill off her character in a horrible flesh-eating bacteria accident.

2. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

He was being kind of a dick about it.

3. scnj

scnj Captain Captain

I think we can also assume that there has been some time between the episodes. Any subject, no matter how cool, would become boring after a while.

4. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

You know, I was kind of hoping Sheldon and Amy was going to appear as Spock and Chapel.

5. tighr

Just watched an old episode of BBT on syndication, and it appears Leonard drives a BMW. So even though we still don't know how much money they make, he's probably doing alright for himself.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm instantly assuming it's a handmedown from his mother.

7. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I shortly drove a 15 year old BMW when I was 18, it doesn't say much.

8. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

A girl in my high school class had a Porsche for a while.

Her father owned a used car lot.

9. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Nah, Spock and Uhura. More fun.

Granted, Amy-in-blackface would be, er, problematic. Although they could have just put Amy in Uhura's red outfit and let that be the joke. "My hailing frequencies are open."

Besides, Uhura is way more iconic than Chapel!

10. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It might be the Friends-effect (no matter what job you have, you can afford to live in NYC in a nice apartment, etc.). However, they do have plenty of money to drop on comics, statues, collectibles, etc. Sheldon, especially, seems to have plenty of money. The time he lent money to Penny, he truly didn't care about when she paid him back. Sheldon's too uptight to just let something like that go, unless he truly didn't need or even want the money.

The end of the episode showed that the others knew about where Sheldon kept his extra money and would take it, presumably without Sheldon caring.

I just watched the first Wil Wheaton episode again. There was this exchange in that episode between Raj and Sheldon:

11. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

I think you guys are blowing this way out of proportion.. the only guy really with money is Raj (through his family) and the others are all PhDs (and Wolowitz has a Master's degree from MIT) without any huge monthly payments like mortgages, families to support or big loans to pay off.

Compared with other comedy shows they are pretty much realistic in that regard and not over the top.

12. Guy Gardener

Rand.

My shoes are more iconic than Rand, but she is a blond in a red tunic.

13. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Amy's a brunette. So maybe the Romulan Commander or T'Pring?

14. Guy Gardener

She's a dirty blonde more so than a brunette, surely?

A dirty, dirty blond.

When she was Smurfette however, burnadette's wig was practically iridescent yellow

15. Nerys Myk

Amy? Not even close to blonde, dirty or other wise.

16. Nerys Myk

17. Immolatus

Immolatus Captain Captain

I had stopped watching ABC, NBC AND CBS years ago, but I started watch TBBT on TBS and got hooked, now I dvr it on CBS

18. chrisspringob

chrisspringob Commodore Commodore

I feel like the show has become too formulaic. I like the fact that they've expanded the cast, but the current formula now seems to require that every episode has a B-story and possibly C-story that's used to make sure all 7 characters get a decent amount of screen time.

And, in part as a consequence of the aforementioned requirement to give everyone their share of screen time, every episode's plot seems to focus too exclusively on the relationships between the main characters.

Not that I'm against such stories being told, but I'd like to see them try doing some more episodes that break the usual format, and focus on something happening in the life of one of the characters that isn't primarily about their relationship to one of the other main 7. Perhaps a few more episodes without any B- or C-stories. It seems like they did this a bit more in Seasons 1 and 2, and I miss it.

19. tighr

Just watched the second episode in syndication. In it, Howard speaks to Penny in "perfect Russian" (I believe he calls her beautiful or something like that). When he went to space, didn't he say he couldn't speak Russian?

Not that I really expect them to remember a mundane detail like that, but its interesting watching some of these season 1 episodes in syndication and seeing how much the characters have changed. Sheldon seems like more of a cynical asshole in those episodes than the clueless smarty-pants he appears to be now.

20. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

OK, I C.

;)