The Ahsoka series is coming.

The first two episodes total 1 hour 36, according to the same Twitter account that had accurate times for all the Mando season 3 episodes

@Reverend The idea behind my wanting an Essentials list in the first place is to get a casual understanding of the characters and a cliff-notes version of the story, and, based on the research I did, the episodes I selected make the most sense in accomplishing that. Most of them also pretty consistently appeared on the online 'Essentials' lists I found.
Which is why I gave you two episodes you can safely remove from that list since they're largely irrelevant, and a selection of much more relevant ones to take their place. But if you'd rather just take the word of random clickbait; go nuts!

And again: watch 'The Call'. It's really not optional for reasons that won't become obvious until the end.

Which is why I gave you two episodes you can safely remove from that list since they're largely irrelevant, and a selection of much more relevant ones to take their place. But if you'd rather just take the word of random clickbait; go nuts!

And again: watch 'The Call'. It's really not optional for reasons that won't become obvious until the end.

To clarify, which Season 2 episodes did you think I should drop and add?

You said The Call (which had been on my list at one point before I dropped it) should be added, but I didn't quite understand which episode you think I should swap it out for, or which other episodes you think I should drop/replace.

Re: Holocrons of Fate', 'Visions and Voices' and 'Twin Suns', I know who they deal with and didn't see the necessity of including them because they're not likely to have any relevance to the plot of Ahsoka or the rest of the 'Mando-verse' overall.

I do appreciate your comments and replies, but without fully understanding your post, it felt like you were telling me that I needed a deeper dive into the characters and broader narrative of SW as a whole than I was looking for in this specific circumstance.

:)

To clarify, which Season 2 episodes did you think I should drop and add?

You said The Call (which had been on my list at one point before I dropped it) should be added, but I didn't quite understand which episode you think I should swap it out for, or which other episodes you think I should drop/replace.

Re: Holocrons of Fate', 'Visions and Voices' and 'Twin Suns', I know who they deal with and didn't see the necessity of including them because they're not likely to have any relevance to the plot of Ahsoka or the rest of the 'Mando-verse' overall.

I do appreciate your comments and replies, but without fully understanding your post, it felt like you were telling me that I needed a deeper dive into the characters and broader narrative of SW as a whole than I was looking for in this specific circumstance.

:)
I mean I went over it step by step, but OK, I'll summarise: Drop 'Through Imperial Eyes', and 'The Mystery of Chopper Base'. Add 'The Call', 'Homecoming', and everything from 'The Occupation' until the finale (with the exception of 'Crawler Commanders'.) I'm not kidding when I say that last season went fully serialised. Something important to the plot and characters happens in every episode.

As for the 'Holocrons of Fate', 'Visions and Voices' & 'Twin Suns' trio: this is the problem when you go by synopses. It's not about who shows up in them. This isn't a cameo-of-the-week type show. What happens in that "visions" arc is vital to Ezra's character progression, and kicks the last stretch of Sabine's into gear. Skipping that is like skipping 'The Empire Strikes Back'. If you don't understand why they should be; well that's because you haven't seen them yet! ;)

All of the Essentials lists that I found included Through Imperial Eyes, so even if you don't think its essential, it clearly is viewed as such by a consensus of others.

To reiterate: I do genuinely appreciate the comments, but just don't have the time to add as many episodes as you're saying that I should.

Last edited:
All of the Essentials lists that I found included Through Imperial Eyes, so even if you don't think its essential, it clearly is viewed as such by a consensus of others.
For the show in and of itself? Yes, because besides being very well made, it's a key episode for a certain recurring character and a major turning point for their arc.
For 'Ahsoka'? Probably not because said character isn't likely to appear in any meaningful or crucial way, if at all. No casting has been announced, they're not seen or mentioned in any of the media thus far, and honestly, they had little to nothing to do with Ahsoka, Sabine or Hera even during the show. Again; you're lacking context. Context matters.

Also; why bother asking for advice if you're just going to go argue in favour of, and go by whatever clickbait nonsense lists you already googled anyway? I'm sorry that you didn't allot enough time to recap a 4 season show in under a month despite having several years notice that this new show was coming, but that's a you problem. I've already told you what you need if you want the bare minimum, if you choose to skip them anyway, that's your own lookout.

Last edited:
For the show in and of itself? Yes, because besides being very well made, it's a key episode for a certain recurring character and a major turning point for their arc.
For 'Ahsoka'? Probably not because said character isn't likely to appear in any meaningful or crucial way, if at all.
Again; you're lacking context. Context matters.

Also; why bother asking for advise if you're just going to go argue in favour of and go by whatever clickbait nonsense lists you already googled anyway? I'm sorry that you didn't allot enough time to recap a 4 season show in under a month despeite having several years notice that this new show was coming, but that's a you problem. I've already told you what you need if you want the bare minimum, if you choose to skip them anyway, that's your own lookout.

The lists I found were specifically dedicated to prepping for Ahsoka, and they all, as noted, listed Through Imperial Eyes as being an episode to watch.

They were also far less expansive than I'm trying to go and than what you've been suggesting, with several being limited to ten episodes and a couple capping themselves at less than 20.

@Reverend Taking most of your advice into account, here's the new lists:
Season 1
Spark of Rebellion 1 & 2
Fighter Flight
Rise of the Old Masters
Out of Darkness
Empire Day
Gathering Forces
Path of the Jedi
Vision of Hope
Call to Action
Rebel Resolve
Fire Across the Galaxy

Season 2
The Siege of Lothal Parts 1 & 2
The Lost Commanders
Relics of the Old Republic
Future of the Force
Legacy
The Call
Homecoming
The Protector of Concord Dawn
Shroud of Darkness
Twilight of the Apprentice Parts 1 & 2

Season 3
Step into Shadow Parts 1 & 2
The Holocrons of Fate
Hera's Heroes
Imperial Supercommandos
Visions and Voices
Trials of the Darksaber
Legacy of Mandalore
Secret Cargo
Twin Suns
Zero Hour Parts 1 & 2

I'm also just going to 'bite the bullet' and watch all of Season 4 despite not feeling like I actually have the time to do so.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone else has brought this one up, but as far as Clone Wars episodes go, the Jedi youngling arc is a great story for Ahsoka, but she's not the reason to watch it. This is the first appearance of Professor Huyang voiced by David Tennant, who will also be appearing in the show.
Clone Wars is a whole other proposition if we're talking 'Ahsoka' prep! She appeared is something like 70-odd episodes (not counting non-speaking cameos in the preamble) out of 130 something, and you'd be hard pressed to skip more than a third of them. Seriously, I think the only arc you can skip in it's entirety without missing some kind of important character moment is the Mon Cala Arc (mostly because Lee-Char is dead by this point, and thus not likely to show up.)

Last edited:
I'm focusing specifically on REBELS as AHSOKA prep because the two are directly linked, with the events of REBELS' ending and Epilogue serving as the primary narrative foundation for the plot of AHSOKA.

Don't know why it took me this long to make the connection, but I just realised the reason LF marketing seems a little over eager with the media drops much earlier than usual is probably because around this time they're usually doing cast & crew interviews . . . and they're all on strike. Indeed the official twitter just posted something that looks like it was put together by an unpaid intern, whereas the usual 'This Week In Star Wars' video has been absent for two weeks running, so the youtube crew are probably are on strike too, or at least adhering to the SAG guidlines for union eligible influencers.

If online marketing are blowing the TV spots and character posters they usually save for release week this early, they're not going to have much left for when the show actually airs! It's almost funny to see them try and hustle this without any actors or writers. They might get extra desperate and start burning off promo material for 'Skeleton Crew' or 'The Acolyte' just to have something to keep engagement up.
The print people at least are probably laughing their arses off, since they got all of their interview copy down in June, and now it's just waiting ready to publish. Case in point: https://ew.com/tv/ahsoka-preview-rosario-dawson-cover-story/

Oh and in other news some of the lesser promotional merch has started to drop, so beware minor spoilers from browsing, I guess? (Also: why are the cardboard standies always the first items on sale?)

Last edited:
Hera's rank plaque is annoying.
It makes a little more sense when you consider that while she is a pilot, her role in the rebellion was always one of a field agent, coordinating both ground forces and starfighter. Admirals tend to be almost exclusively space-bound whereas the Generals (at least in the Rebellion) seem to have wider responsibilities. That aside, there's also the precedent of Generals Dodonna, Rieekan and, Madine (to say nothing of Generals Skywalker, Kenobi, Solo & Calrissian.)

Perhaps the key distinction here is that Admirals are in charge of fleets of capital ships, whereas Generals are in overall command of all forces of a given formation.

Personally I'm more annoyed that I can see that Sabine's vambrace as something in Mando'a script written on it, but it's not legible enough to reliably read.

It makes a little more sense when you consider that while she is a pilot, her role in the rebellion was always one of a field agent, coordinating both ground forces and starfighter. Admirals tend to be almost exclusively space-bound whereas the Generals (at least in the Rebellion) seem to have wider responsibilities. That aside, there's also the precedent of Generals Dodonna, Rieekan and, Madine (to say nothing of Generals Skywalker, Kenobi, Solo & Calrissian.)

Perhaps the key distinction here is that Admirals are in charge of fleets of capital ships, whereas Generals are in overall command of all forces of a given formation.

Personally I'm more annoyed that I can see that Sabine's vambrace as something in Mando'a script written on it, but it's not legible enough to reliably read.
My annoyance has nothing to do with her rank and everything to do with how it looks.

That is all.

Back