The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

^ "Hi Ho Silver.....er, I mean Hi Ho Sapphire, away!"

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    If they made a movie of that we'd watch it.

You know we would.

3. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

One reason I want the Black Knight in the MCU is for his horse. It would be fun to see a winged horse fighting alongside Iron Man. :)

4. cooleddie74

Tony: "What on earth is that?! Thor's gotta be responsible for this. He's the only one weird enough.

Sorry, Bruce, but you know it's true."

5. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Picked this up at Target today to finish off the birthday presents for Aaron.
    [​IMG]

6. cooleddie74

It's a good value pack for those who don't want to pick up each figure separately, plus the 12" Shadow Stormtrooper is available nowhere else. This is also the only way to get the 12" Kanan and Inquisitor without paying higher individual prices for their separate (Deluxe) packages that come with more accessories. Good score!

7. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I got some goodies today- the Marvel Collectors Corps Funko pack for Age of Ultron. A Hulkbuster Funko Pop! and an Ultron Dorbz.

Iron Man tries to convince the Avengers that this Ultron is friendly and just wants to be loved. They're not buying it. :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh, yeah, Hulk isn't happy, either. :evil:

[​IMG]

8. cooleddie74

^
    Cool! Congratulations on your new additions! :)

As for myself I found another Rebels Stormtrooper on clearance at Target for a little over $4 and grabbed it. In a time when Toys "R" Us is selling the same Stormtrooper by himself for a whopping $9.99 it's great that other chains are keeping their prices down or even putting some of their new and recent figures on clearance.

9. cooleddie74

Wave 8 of the Black Series (3.75") goes up for pre-order in a few days and this may be the very last wave assortment of Black Series figures before Episode VII merchandise officially launches later this year. Wave 8 includes the following new figures, all but one from the Original Trilogy:

Han Solo in Carbonite (based on The Empire Strikes Back)
    Princess Leia in Boushh Disguise
    Mosep Binneed (from Mos Eisley)
    Jawas (all-new 2-pack)
    Jon "Dutch" Vander (Y-Wing Pilot)
    Commander Thorn (realistic version of the Clone character from The Clone Wars)

10. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

picked up a couple things. i cant afford those SH MonsterArts but i found this nice Godzilla 1985 figure at my local comic shop. very nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

also got Marvel Legends Age of Ultron Hulk. this is a really nice figure.

[​IMG]

11. cooleddie74

Those look cool! Is that Godzilla actually from 1985 or is it a more recent figure and just based on his appearance in the '85 movie?

12. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

a new figure based on his 85 appearance.

13. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I posted this in The force Awakens thread in sci fi, but it also belongs here
    being reported that the toy line for The Force Awakens will hit full force early September. Be sure to buy your BB-8s.

In the meantime, a few products have come out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Best of all is the new Vanity Fair cover. It actually looks like Ford is enjoying himself!
    [​IMG]

14. cooleddie74

The new packaging design for Hasbro's (and other companies') Star Wars toys based on The Force Awakens, premiering in stores at midnight on September the 4th:

[​IMG]

15. Titch

Titch Ensign Red Shirt

Ok yes I collect uh not on the same level as most but I collect mainly Star Trek. And I do this well for an odd reason. I use them to make comics not very good ones more for my fun and relaxation. I used to draw but had an accident at work put my hand were it shouldn’t have been. It still works but not good enough for drawing anymore.
    I had been collecting them off and on since I was a teenager and saw on another Star Trek site I’m on someone using them so I gave it a go.
    I mainly collect the 6” figures. The best size for me. Get most of them from the US hard to get figures over here down under some places.
    :klingon::klingon:

16. cooleddie74

If you have any images and photos of what you collect that you'd like to post we'd love to see them! :)

17. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like the design and I guess Kylo Ren is going to be the character on the packaging, which make sense.

I still think SDCC is the logical time for us to get our first look at various things, including I assume the Black Series.

18. Titch

Titch Ensign Red Shirt

Funny I have never shown them before. But I will get some photos of my favourites and put them up.

19. cooleddie74

Hasbro all but admitted that the other day. I don't have the link right now but a representative did say they have special things planned for San Diego Comic-Con and they're related to merchandise from the new film, possibly even the grand public reveal of the first TFA figures.

20. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Amazon is currently having a big sale on Star Wars items, including toys. I just saw the Black Series 6" scale Jabba for only $13! :eek: