teacake does Stargate: punch it

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by teacake, Oct 7, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah they accept it and aren't even stiff around them! It makes little sense. Maybe you'd get used to it after quite a long time, but right away you're hugging them and joking around.

Just saw this..

[​IMG]

2. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why was Teal'c's soul patch light brown when his eyebrows are black? For that matter, when Chris Judge has hair, his hair is black.

3. teacake

I thought that patch was greying beard hair. The beard often goes grey years before head hair.

4. jbny67

jbny67 Captain Captain

I remember feeling the same way. This was probably one of, if not the last time I was totally unspoiled for something like that.

5. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Sorry to spam again, teacake, but liked this (recent?) pic of Manda and Teryl from her twitter. They're so cute together :adore:. Interesting they've swapped hair color/styles.
    [​IMG]

6. teacake

Resurrection: Fantastic episode. Very X-Files to set the scene. I was blown away by Dr. Keffler who kept the whole Nazi evil eugenicist in the realm of a the subtle psychological thriller AND managed a whole lot of expressive play with cigarettes that would have been camp if overplayed but wasn't.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking up the actor Brad Greenquist I see he was on Enterprise, Voyager and Deep Space Nine :D

I could have looked at this guy all day. Rather good looking in a different kind of way too.

EDIT: I just realized who he looks like, I've been racking my brains.. he looks like Breivik the Norwegian mass killer! I take back what I said about him being good looking!! gah

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  7. teacake

BLEH the next one is a clip show. I made toast for a clip show :(

8. teacake

Inauguration: Yadda yadda, old white guys and politics. Hopefully this opens up some more Cox storylines. Clip shows are a blight.

9. The Wormhole

Inauguration is very important set-up for the season finale. Plus, as clip-shows go, I thought this was pretty damn good.

10. gturner

gturner Admiral

Yeah, it's the weekend so you should make popcorn and watch the season finale two-parter. :)

11. teacake

EXCELLENT.

:: clears her schedule ::

12. gturner

gturner Admiral

I kind of thought he looked a bit like me, especially with easy-going evil attitude and cigarette, or maybe my cousin Heinz Eck, who looks very much like me - and was executed at Nuremberg for war crimes. :borg:

My mother is proud of him for not fingering Doenitz. She is an Eck. Typical.

*puff*

It got him a wiki page and a book Chapter 1, with pic

He and his crew were captured by "the Somaliland Camel Corps."

*puff*

I find this amusing. I don't think the Kriegsmarine trained U-boat crews properly for camel attacks.

*puff*

But why would they?

*smashes out cigarette with a slow twisting motion*

;)

13. teacake

Lost City Part 1 and 2: Now that was quite excellent. Interesting pacing, kind of slow and Real Life-ish in parts.

Montgomery Burns as a Goa'uld :lol: that is priceless!

And I agree with O'Neill's assesment of stout, "a refreshing substitute for food".

It killed me seeing the original Elizabeth Weir. More acting chops in one sentence than we got in SG:A's Weir for her whole run. SG:A's Weir is one of my least favorite characters because the acting is so incredibly bland. It was great seeing original Weir actually being lively.

14. gturner

gturner Admiral

Yes, I really really like the original Weir better, and when Atlantis launched it took me a while to adapt. I almost think they could've gone ahead and left them as seperate characters with only a few minutes or so of added back story.

Quick stab: "Dr. Weir is returning to Washington to oversee <blank>. This is Dr. <new> who the <acronym> has chosen to lead the Atlantis expedition." followed by introductions.

I'm sure some other commenters can explain the reason for the switch.

Oh, and some of the generals in the White House scenes were real generals in their normal roles - fending off alien attacks!

"Celestial body: You put Uma Thurman."

15. The Wormhole

As I understand it, when originally cast no one informed Jessica Steen that the role was going to be a regular. At the time, Lost City was believed to be SG-1's final episode. When she learned the character was meant to be a regular on Atlantis, she was unable/unwilling to commit to a series and so the role of Dr. Weir was recast.

To be honest, I'm so used to Torri Higginson as Dr. Weir that I find it jarring to see someone else in the role whenever I re-watch Lost City.

16. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

Not true, quite the opposite. After the casting change her agent actually commented that they don't understand why the change was made, and they'd actually paid her not to take more work so she'd be available for Atlantis. As with most things, it was probably a money issue. She was quite a bit higher profile than Torri Higginson at the time.

17. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Ah, Dr Weir. As someone who never finished SG:A past first half dozen or so eps, I'll be curious to get to this one (just about to start S5). If anyone does a SG:A watch thread, I may actually finish this time :)

18. DrunkUncle

DrunkUncle Ensign Red Shirt

That seems to be the case with Atlantis in general. I think Mallozzi wrote a couple of months ago in his SGA walkthrough that a high profile actor was in the running for the role of Sheppard (not Ben Browder, another) but they decided to hire Joe Flanigan instead. And he's not exactly God's gift to acting.

19. teacake

I will probably go straight to Atlantis after SG:1, though at a slower pace as I'll be watching something new as well. It's not fair to Stargate to only watch them once when I've spent so many years rewatching Trek :lol:

I've been thinking though I have make sure it doesn't turn into one long Weir bash. They did seem to pretty much write her out of a lot of it other than getting her to approve stuff. I really got the impression they avoided giving her too much to do because she was so incredibly terrible.

And lurok it really does improve. It's not got the story telling levels of SG:1 which is a much better series. But it has many other charms and not just Rodney. I love it not being earth based, I love the city itself, it's visually delightful at times. And the chemistry and humor builds up. It has some very rewatchable episodes and one episode of genius I've watched about 5 times now.

20. The Wormhole

I don't know, even when Carter was put in charge of Atlantis she was barely used that much either. Really, the only Atlantis leader that really got anything substantial to do was Woolsey, and even he spent entire episodes missing.