teacake does Stargate: punch it

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by teacake, Oct 7, 2012.

1. gturner

gturner Admiral

Getting back to Lost City, I really have only two quibbles.

Though the drinking scene was charming, at this point in his character development (and frankly since he was a college sophmore), Daniel Jackson wouldn't be drunkenly babbling after one beer. If Apophis, Osiris, or Hathor had realized they were all just one wine cooler away from galactic domination, we'd be speaking Goa'uld now.

The climactic scene where they destroyed Anubis' fleet, the point the whole season had been leading up to (if not half the series) was allowed to wash over the audience - for about 15 seconds before they threw a blanket on our euphoria by returning to the sadness of putting O'Neill in a box.

For a Star Wars comparison, after Luke blew up the Death Star he cheered, Han cheered, the rebels cheered, and we all cheered, and they ended up getting medals and stuff. Lost City Part 2 cut straight fom Luke pulling out of the trench and clearing the Death Star's explosion directly to freezing Han Solo in a block of carbomite. It was like whiplash. They should've recut it to at least give us four or five minutes to transition, letting us bask in accomplishment and wonder of it.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Also, Kinsey should have choked.

As to the beer maybe he and Teal'c had already downed a few before they got there and the Guinness tipped him over the edge.

3. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Teal'c doesn't drink. In fact, he is even given a non-alcoholic beverage for the drinking scene in Lost City.

4. teacake

I knew someone would say that. Okay DANIEL, so stressed over Jack and hanging out with Wild Man Teal'c in his cool civvies has already had a few.

New Order part 1 and 2: Pretty good. I FREAKED out when Weir was still there and I sighed with relief when she left at the end. I was quite afraid she would be there for the next three seasons.

Hammond gone.. what, that's not good. No. No. No.

And seriously O'Neill "can't we just shoot it" in charge? Of.. everything?

Gritty Carter stuff. And Fifth was very creepy and scary!!

[​IMG]

And I loved the reveal at the end, really looking forward to where this is going!

5. gturner

gturner Admiral

Fifth's creation was almost immediately dubbed "RepliCarter." Welcome to season 8! :)

6. The Wormhole

Which begs the question, which one of them was driving? Teal'c does have a driver's license, but I'm guessing since he only leaves base with someone else from the team he likely doesn't own a car. So that means Daniel is drunk driving, or letting Teal'c drive his car.

Hey, this is important stuff.

7. teacake

He's SO drunk he doesn't even think twice about Teal'c driving his car. Hey the guy flies spaceships, I think he can toodle off to O'Neill's house.

8. gturner

gturner Admiral

Maybe they'd been to that place where women do battle in a ring of Jello.

9. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Are you interested in Atlantis? If you are then now would be a good time to start watching. The show premiered along side season 8 of SG-1.

I can't wait until you get to the end of season season 8. There is one thing that still bugs me to this day.

10. teacake

I've watched Atlantis first LOL. I am a huge Atlantis fan! I thought of watching Atlantis now when they intersect alongside SG:1 but I think that's adding one too many series on the go. I really want to get back into power watching SG:1.

11. bigdaddy

Oh I was confused because you said...

I figured you didn't watch Atlantis because you would have known that Weir leaves to go there.

12. teacake

Eh I wasn't totally sure on the time frame and I was so freaked out to see Weir again I panicked. Yes of course must depart from SG;1 so she can blight SG:A with her expressionless acting.

13. bigdaddy

You bring up a very good point, so I looked it up at Gateworld! :)

14. teacake

Thanks! And at least when I get to the Season 10 ep I'll have already seen Atlantis.

I might just watch Rising next though. Just so the continuity is stuck in my head.

EDIT: off to watch it now

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  15. teacake

Watched Rising, nice to see it again. Poignant moments too..

Weir, before they go through the gate: I hope we all return one day having discovered a whole new realm for humanity to explore.. [camera pans over Rainbow]

I was seriously :eek: by Weir's boyfriend being a Tollan!!! This recycling is freaky!

Great to see the handover scenes now that I know everyone so well.

16. The Wormhole

Vancouver has a very limited poole of actors.

17. teacake

Lockdown: "In Russia we have a saying.." those words should never be spoken on television :rolleyes:

Apart from that great episode. Anubis is out there again, waiting for someone to come on through while he sits in a frozen body. Sad stuff for the Russian Colonel, especially after Daniel quoted a Russian saying back at him: "In the kingdom of hope, there is no winter." Obviously things were quite hopeless :(

18. teacake

Oh and.. Stargate has forever imprinted me. Every time I see anything even faintly egyptian looking, jewelery, dumbass cobra statue in a 2 dollar shop.. I think of the Goa'uld. And I guess I will be thinking of the Goa'uld when I see this stuff for the rest of my life.

A friend of mine had a booklet from the King Tut exhibition we had here last year.. I laughed my head off when I saw it :lol:

19. teacake

Lockdown: I am so enjoying watching O'Neill find his way as supreme commander of the SGC. It's like you can see him feeling around in his new shoes, checking them out.

20. teacake

Icon: Matthew Bennett who played Jared Kane was fantastic. Great presence. And woot, he was BSG's Number Five.

Quite a horrifying episode, first contact wipes out most of the planet with the resulting war. I would think there would be some major inquiries from earth and possible suspension of first contact situations as a result but I doubt that will happen. And really earth is not going to stop looking for better weapons.. it's rather hilarious that trek's mandate was to seek out new life and civilizations and stargate's was to seek out new weapons and technology.

Best quote..

O'Neill: We've met these gods upon whom you're so hot.