teacake does Stargate: punch it

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by teacake, Oct 7, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was thinking the same thing. It was harder to watch and I was much more worried about them! Dr. Lee was great in these episodes. I feel bad for him that he has to live with himself for giving in to the torture though conveniently they are all dead. Though I would be burning the body of the zombie one to be sure.

2. gturner

gturner Admiral

If only Daniel had taken Dr. Felger instead. :(

Those kidnappers would've been cowering in fear!

3. teacake

Felger was really irritating me by the end of the last Felger ep.

4. gturner

gturner Admiral

Perhaps that's why they didn't use him in the South American episode. People would've been cheering the zombie torturers, who would've concluded that Felger was telling the truth when he claimed he didn't know anything. "Jeffe, realmente, este hombre es un idiota."

5. teacake

The whole time I was watching the Felger ep I was remembering this person I knew on World of Warcraft with a character called Felger about 5 years ago. I remember they told me they got the name from Stargate. I'm sitting there watching Felger thinking "why the hell would you name a draenei Felger". Though maybe the character started out another race.

6. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    This is my first rewatch and still only on season 3 but one of the things I've noticed is that the actors (both main cast and guests) make even the worse episodes bearable. Not a lot of shows you can say that about.

7. teacake

There's a helluva lot of chemistry on that set. It works.

8. gturner

gturner Admiral

One of my old online friends (Ron Moore's next-door neighbor, oddly enough) had a friend who worked for one of the studios (in accounting or legal, as I recall), and he swung her a trip to the Stargate set. They assumed she was somehow a studio bigwig bean-counter and wanted to impress her, so she got to spend a whole day sitting with the cast around the big mission briefing table in the stargate control room, and she said it was a blast! She said they were all hilarious and fun and extremely nice. I was soooo jealous!

9. teacake

Wow that is wonderful!

I've had a bit of a gate lull, went into my Melinda Clarke obsession after getting an image in my head that she is like some campy christmas ornament and this thought triggered a Melinda flare up. Sadly she was never in Stargate, she would have made a mighty fine system lord (though she was on one episode of Star Trek where clearly they did not know what they had there since they coated her in suliban makeup).

However Evolution kick started me back into gateworld because it was quite awesome. Hopefully real christmas (as opposed to teacakes's happy fantasy xmas life) doesn't impede my gate viewing goals too much.

:: dials ::

10. TiberiusMaximus

TiberiusMaximus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This episode has one of my favorite Stargate quotes ever.

"Is that that thing that made that guy do that thing?"

11. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

The Fallen/Homecoming was my favorite experience regarding Stargate SG1, it was shown movie style and there was a Stargate special on beforehand so it was three hours of Stargate. I loved the Star Wars stuff, Carter's explaination of the plan and hand's up for volunteers, Yu's storyline and the attack on Anubis' ship at the end, I even loved the ID4 reference.

teacake likes this.
  12. teacake

Grace: All alone in a nebula makes you hallucinate it seems. VOY and ENT both did that storyline. Grace was an excellent episode which showcased Tapping's acting in a way we haven't seen for a while. Nice psychological thriller with who Grace is never answered. My theory was Grace was Samantha being kind to herself. Quite enjoyed this one.

Also, Ronson: a tool.

13. teacake

Fallout:Jonas returns looking like something out of Logan's Run. Points for interesting fashion with the Langarans we see. Great ep, nice surprise and good drama. Kind of confused by the whole "an explosion caused this problem, we need another explosion to fix it" deal but whatever :lol:

I loved it when the Goa'uld descends into the belly of the earth wearing only a singlet and sandals:

[​IMG]

14. teacake

Chimera: Samantha Carter in civvies. Rarely seen, I suppose there is only so much bombshell a person can take. Wow.

[​IMG]

Fantastic! Sad to see Sarah as a Goa'uld gone as she was amazing and much more interesting that way. Carter's boyfriend is cute(ish), and I'm rather amazed they have actually given her one. How long he lasts is to be seen I guess. Though I'm not sure why she has to have a non-science guy, might as well have O'Neill.

AND.. Carter humming the Stargate theme :techman:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  15. lurok

Dear teacake. May I spam your thread with this very wonderful gif? [​IMG]
    Hopefully not a spoiler *eek* I'm just about to start S4 so am way way back on your review pages :)

16. teacake

Spam away!! And I'm pretty sure I have seen that :lol:

And go ahead and drag the discussion back to season 4 any time. Are you enjoying it? I think more highly of the series every season!

(Someone one will now solemnly tell me certain seasons suck LOL)

17. lurok

I'm definitely enjoying more second time around. Even Urgo, which I was a bit meh about first time. I love all the little references, especially the Oz ones. And I'm still waiting for an episode with a really bad guest star. Vancouver must have the best faces around :) And it was fun seeing the Tollin (?) capital again after rewatching BSG.

18. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think that location is actually a university in Vancouver and a lot of sci-fi shows film there. Understandable, I guess. It really does look like a futuristic/alien city.

19. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

Fallout is proof that SG1 might've worked better as an emsemble show. It showed us what could've happened if Jonas had not left the series and I thought it worked out rather well. The ep. was also written by Corin Nemic.

20. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

^ Funny that when the actors write an episode, their characters usually seem to get a romance. :p