Tarek's Projects

There might be a way to get 1g on the outside of a ring world if it is rotating at orbital velocity around a dead star maybe?

There might be a way to get 1g on the outside of a ring world if it is rotating at orbital velocity around a dead star maybe?

Looking into the source of light. I can see the underlying superstructure providing the power thru reactors built into it. I added a wider component. The outer surface of which might luminesce to provide "daylight" to one side with the rotation into and out of the lit area giving a day/night cycle.

This is Euros 17, which features prominently in the story. White Nationalists ordinarily have fanatically reactionary views against LGBT people. Nevertheless, there are also LGBT White Nationalists. There is therefore a separate place for them and Euros 17 is where they predominantly live. The colony is a rotating torus.

This has made various appearances in previous threads. It is a dodechedron or 14 sided ship. I just call them "hedrons" for short. They are over 30 meters tall with 10 decks. The lowest deck, aside from housing the stilts it lowers when it lands on a planet surface, also has an excursion/decontamination chamber that descends from the bottom deck.

The lines are on the side were just to show where the decks were and get visual sense of their size. So I added a guy to each one.

Last edited:
United Earth battlecruiser. This is another design I have been tinkering with for years. I will probably end up giving it the same toroidal FTL structure that the others have. But I have tried out the odd looking warp units in the first two images below, and the flat panels in the 3rd image.

80m bio-spheres. Alien species encountered by our heroes. I took a painting I made on canvas, than scanned the image, worked on it digitally and then projected it over the sphere to give it the appearance of a swirling, churning living ship. Partly solid and partly fluidic.

Back