Tarek's Projects

Tarek71

Commodore
Commodore
Here is a variant of the Antares Class freighter. Always liked this design and wanted to see more of it and other civilian and other vessels onscreen. Maybe Strange New Worlds will have this at some poingt. About 200m length overall.

Also working on this 108 m ship, UES Moonlight. I put up some previous pics of this on other threads, but I added the Space Guard logo and racing stripe and made various changes to the forward, habitat section.

Reminds me of the old Starbird toy.
This one looks rugged

The habitat module has a resemblance to it. It's definitely intended to be tough. A workhorse ship for hire that can take a pounding and dish one out too. It's the first model ship I made over 10 years ago. That's how long I have been tinkering with this thing. It was intended to be the hero ship of a series of stories I had set in a sci fi world of my own. But I have never been fully satisfied with it despite dozens and dozens of variations made since then. My skills with modeling have slightly improved since this very early version:

At some point over the years I switched to a Warp ring instead of nacelles. I remember posting it here and being told something like "It's a bit boxy". Lol. Yes, it sure is. I have worked to change that, but I always retained the work a day, stocky, tough basic form.

Added weapons to the aft drive section. You can also see, right by where the gun turrets are, the places where I added some greebling. I am generally anti-greeble, but I gave it a try.

Last edited:
New enlisted ranks design for the Eurosian Armed Forces. From the same sci fi universe as the ship above. Earth and Euros (a world settled by eugenicist White nationalists) are at war. The White Falcon is the symbol of Euros.

Twelve insignia ranks seems excessive, frankly even the nine used for the US Armed Forces appears excessive outside some limited applications to my mind.

Also, and maybe it’s just me, but I have a hard time believing “Euros” would end up being the name for a group of people. At least not in the near future it won't, I don't believe. Because it's the name of the currency we use on a daily basis and it being the name for the people living in Europe would just feel super weird. It’s like citizens of a future US being called “Dollars”.

But then again, heck, what do *I* know about the fictional future you have dreamed up in your head? :lol:

Twelve insignia ranks seems excessive, frankly even the nine used for the US Armed Forces appears excessive outside some limited applications to my mind.

I consulted NATO military enlisted ranks when designing mine. There are as many as 18 enlisted ranks in some militaries, to as few as 7 if I recall. The top 3 of the 12 enlisted ranks in mine are "adjutant" or "warrant officer" ranks. It's more in the case of the US since there are multiple levels of E-9s aside from the Warrants, which add 5 more. So 12 is not that high. It's consistent with NATO militaries, where 7 nations have 12 or more enlisted ranks and several more have 11.

Last edited:
Also, and maybe it’s just me, but I have a hard time believing “Euros” would end up being the name for a group of people. At least not in the near future it won't, I don't believe. Because it's the name of the currency we use on a daily basis and it being the name for the people living in Europe would just feel super weird. It’s like citizens of a future US being called “Dollars”.

But then again, heck, what do *I* know about the fictional future you have dreamed up in your head? :lol:

Euro is used in a lot of contexts to mean "European". The currency name reflects that. But I wanted a term other than "White", which is hard to make into a planet or civilizational name. Whitelandia? Most sound dumb. I could have called it Europa or New Europa or something else. But It's also pronounced differently for our purposes. Euross is how it's said. Maybe I can spell it that way. Thanks for the input.

Several 100s of years in the future, the peoples of Euros (Euross/Huross), who are called Eurosians, live on 17 separate space colonies across multiple star systems. They have no colonies in our Solar System. They refer to continental Europe or Europa as the Holy Land, and the land of their ancestors and they lay claim to it. Euros One is an artificial planet constructed by their ancestors to be the main, largest and most populous homeworld. It functions as the capital of the Eurosian civilization. Euros 2 thru Euros 17 are a mix of space stations and planet side colonies.

They are White nationalists who left Earth 100s of years earlier after defeats in numerous catastrophic wars on Earth. They left the shattered Earth behind and made their way to the stars, as many other humans did. Eventually dozens of Human offshoot civilizations formed, of which Euros is just one, but they are the main antagonists for the resurgent United Earth Alliance.

I think a Globus Cassus might be the right choice for Euros One. A planet sized construct with land masses and waters on the interior surface. Havent decided. Examples from others that serve as inspiration:

Last edited:
So I created a clear sphere, and then projected the surface of Earth onto the interior surface of the sphere to get an idea of how that looks from the outside of the sphere.

Back