Tardigrade lawsuit appealed

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Krandor, Oct 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

Anyone REASONABLE would have thought that after the FIRST ruling..........Waiting for the new Go Fund Me to kick off.

2. Krandor

Krandor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They true believers rant and rave about how the little guy got beat down by the big bad corpoation. I'm sure we'll see youtube videos tonight from the "usual suspects".

Given that the judge used so many star trek references they will likely claim the judge was a star trek fan but not a true fans and predisposed to side with CBS and it isn't fair and he should have recused himself.

saladdays, BillJ and fireproof78 like this.
  3. KennyB

Or he researched the shit out of it. I think three judges actually helped author the opinion, and that's what legal assistants are great for. "Here go watch these 700 hours of Trek!"

Jackson_Roykirk and BillJ like this.
  4. Krandor

That would make the most sense but I'm sure very soon all 3 are going to be called hacks and CBS shils who didn't do enough work or pay attention by the fandom menace. But in the end they can rant and rave all they want but it's over.

KennyB likes this.
  5. KennyB

It's always someone else's fault with those types. Never "my case had no merit and I was trying to get some free cash".

RAMA, Masiral, Turtletrekker and 2 others like this.
  6. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I think we all know the unfortunate answer to this question.

fireproof78 and KennyB like this.
  7. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And interns/externs.

I don't know if Abdin didn't think his case had merit or was looking for free money, but I do feel that he was emboldened and almost goaded into pursuing it as far as he did by others.

He may have mistakenly started to believe his own press -- although that "own press" was written by others. And as people have pointed out, those others did not necessarily have Abdin's best interest in mind, but were rather egging him on for their own selfish reasons.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  8. Krandor

Based on things he's posted I think he really does believe he was copied. Not sure if he just doesn't understand copyyright law or got blinded by what people were telling him and so started to see things that were not there but I do believe that HE believes he was stolen from. My opinion is he listed too much to nerdrotic and them and then started to see things like "look they have a blue frame around their door just like mine did" and even some "I was going to have this character do the same tthing that character on discovery did" (even though that was just his plan and may have even been coded bu wasn't in anything released).

I think it's the old adage of if you are looking for a red car, you're going to see them everywhere.

9. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

Oh, the "not real Trek" brigade are not going to like that bit.

burningoil, PiotrB, Masiral and 2 others like this.
  10. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Legal assistant X "Again?"

11. Kzinti

Kzinti Captain Captain

:techman: good the grifters will have to find another cow to milk

KennyB and Turtletrekker like this.
  12. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

They've already moved on to the "Kurtzman fired" for the 14th time ploy.

I actually tried to talk to Anas about dropping this case early on in order to preserve his financial stability and of course, he didn't listen. Talk about your gatekeeping, anti-fans being out of touch. I think he should sue the trolls that goaded him on...that might be justice.

RAMA

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  13. Ketwolski

Ketwolski Lieutenant Red Shirt

After the first case was dismissed the majority of supports stated that the Judge was CBS loyalist and that they had been paid off by the company. Yes, this really happened and was a widespread belief in the Fandom Menace group. However, I dont think this outcome will have nearly that big of a splash as most people have forgotten this case was still going on.

KennyB likes this.
  14. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

15. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

Oh, this is just a thread bump. For a minute there, I thought, "Wait a minute. Is this still going on?" Which wouldn't surprise me, given the way the legal system "works".

Therin of Andor likes this.
  16. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

17. NewHeavensNewEarth

NewHeavensNewEarth Commodore Commodore

And the thread qualifies for locking since it's a "necro thread," with no comments for over a year until today. But whatever the Mods deem best.

18. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or none noticed yet.

19. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

This is a Tardigrade thread. It lied dormant for over a year and was brought back to life.

20. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Someone got it!
    A cupie doll for the winnah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.