Surely something good happened to you today

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by rhubarbodendron, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Doctor "Cindy Lou" Who

Doctor "Cindy Lou" Who Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Happy belated birthday!

For me, another distraction miraculously appeared in my head. I really need to get on with the projects I'm supposed to be doing right now, but I did come up with what I think is an interesting (non-Trek) starfighter design.

2. Butters

Butters Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well I’m no longer fraught and distraught, which is nice. But now I’ve relaxed enough I can feel that my ribs hurts. Probably the tension.

Win some, lose some.

Leviathan and TribbleFeeder like this.
  3. TribbleFeeder

TribbleFeeder The Real Kim Cardassian Premium Member

I hope you feel better @Butters

I got up early and walked the dog. I never do that, I usually just let him out back. It felt nice.

SpockTheSnowman and Bah Humbug like this.
  4. SpockTheSnowman

SpockTheSnowman Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Got an ICEE today and found a dvd I wanted. :)

5. Butters

Did a bit more packing and found one of my Christmassy cookbooks.

It’s never too early to plan the Christmas feast.

6. Bah Humbug

Bah Humbug Admiral Admiral

I walked into a restaurant today and I held the door open for two mothers and their kids to get out. The ladies both said I had nice legs. Made me feel good.

7. Hugo Rune

Hugo Rune Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Baba Rune was all distressed, so I gave her a baby massage (who knew there were classes you could take?) and she's now collapsed on my chest breathing calmly into my ear.

This is nice,

Hugo - :adore:

8. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

I finished something for my new classes today. I shall put the thing up tomorrow after church!

9. Bah Humbug

Bah Humbug Admiral Admiral

While I was at the hospital today I heard Brahm's Lullaby 4 or 5 times softly over the loudspeaker. At first I thought someone was trying to make me sleepy. I asked one of the nurses and she told me that the hospital plays that every time a baby is born there. Cool.

10. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

rather belated happy birthday, auntie

Ríu ríu chíu likes this.
  11. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

^thanks.

I finished my shopping for the business trip. I have two new outfits that should be sufficient; I now have two weeks with nothing to do. Good: I have lots of free time. Bad: I won't be getting a paycheck.

12. Butters

When I was seven, alphabeti spaghetti was about as adventurous as I got with food. But I turn my back on my son for two minutes on the market and he’s taking advice from the fish monger on how best to prepare and cook an octopus.

I’m putting off cooking octopus, but so happy the boy doesn’t have my aversions to either food or asking strangers questions.

13. Doctor "Cindy Lou" Who

Okay, now I may be cheating, but a person should use the tools available to them, right?

Anyway, related to a project I'm working on, I've just remembered that there aren't just bitmap line drawings available, but actual vector CAD files.

Yeah, it may feel like I'm cheating, but I'm also up against a deadline. There's plenty of manual work to do even with those files, so I'm still putting in my time...

Bah Humbug likes this.
  14. Marynator

Marynator Rear Admiral Premium Member

A couple days ago for me, I saw my nieces when I was visiting Canada, and my 6-year old niece told me I'm her favorite person and she wants to be me when she goes up. She really melted my heart.

15. SpockTheSnowman

Found a used copy of Tales of Zestiria. It was nice to find one for a good price (It was going for $16.99 used)! Playstation had it for $49.99 for so long. Made my day :).

Finally got up to 400 Magikarp candies in Pokemon Go! Took me around a year to do so since my area doesn't spawn Magikarp that often. So I've been catching whatever I can find, especially during events that up their spawning rates.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  16. TribbleFeeder

TribbleFeeder The Real Kim Cardassian Premium Member

I found out I’m bartending the late shift Friday! Woooooo

They’ve been giving me more and more late shifts! I’ve only been doing it 4 or 5 months, so this is a big deal for me.

17. Butters

18. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

vacation =)
    After 12 days of busman's holiday at my parents (heavy garden work - chainsaw stuff, mostly) I'm finally back at my own place for well deserved 5 days of real holidays. Well, besides laundry, ironing, tidying up, sewing a pillowcase for my sister, cracking 3 buckets of walnuts - who am I kidding? - 5 more days of busman's holidays but at least I'll work for myself, mostly :)

19. Doctor "Cindy Lou" Who

I failed to mention it on the day, but this last weekend I mowed my mom's yard. It's a pretty big yard, but she has a riding mower. I have a hard time with her mower in that it tends to leave lots and lots of rows of clippings in its wake, so I've been trying to go as slow as possible to minimize that, but to no avail.

This last time I went fast...very fast in comparison. Still left rows of clippings, but I went fast enough that I had time enough with daylight to spare to go back like a mad person and go over those rows of clippings and get rid of them.

Felt good.

Not only that but on my way home the moon was HUGE in the sky ahead of me. That left me with a happy feeling.

Bah Humbug and SpockTheSnowman like this.
  20. SpockTheSnowman

Got an ICEE today and did some walking with my Poke eggs in Pokemon Go. Also enjoyed the first episode of the new Murphy Brown episodes. :)