Surely something good happened to you today

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by rhubarbarian, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The weather was nice and cool out today and I got to take a pair of eggs in Pokemon Go out for some laps.

rhubarbarian likes this.
  2. rhubarbarian

rhubarbarian Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep, silicone clings worse than any toddler. My janitor gave me the tip to use acrylic sealant instead. That's really awesome stuff. It has the same sealing qualities as silicone, is just as watertight but you can easily remove it by simply cutting and pulling it out. I can wholeheartedly recommend it =)

good things today: while I still haven't gone on with the quilt, I managed to do almost everything else on my to-do-list. Plus: it's a lovely fall day, sunny but pleasantly cool. It's shopping sunday (shops are usually closed on Sunday but on a maximum of 4 sundays per year that ban is lifted) so that I might go on a short shopping expedition later. I urgently need a new belt as even my tightest trousers are slipping now =) I lost 13 kg/ 29 lbs within a year.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    Random_Spock and Scribble like this.
  3. TribbleFeeder

TribbleFeeder The Real Kim Cardassian Premium Member

Hey I woke up this morning. Trying not to take the little things for granted. :)

4. rhubarbarian

good point :) As far as I am concerned, I am planning to wake up another 54 years at least. My year is the first to get pensioned off at 67 (in order to save the state money) and I'm determined to live to well over 100 just to spite the government :p

5. antichristhill

antichristhill The Blooness Premium Member

Hubby took me to the Museum of Fine Art yesterday, as an early birthday present, so I could see the Digital Art exhibition, featuring a section devoted to the Joris Laachman Lab.

That was so freaking cool! If it comes to a museum near you, go see it, especially if you have an interest in design.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  6. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just tried things out tonight via composite to hdmi adapter via my Wii U and it worked. Only switched out the adapters USB cable with the one that came with the Wii U since it was a better cable and used some store bought HDMI cables and some composite ones and was pleasantly surprised. Both sound and picture were good. So onto getting the Switch. Planning on moving onto a better one in the future (av to hdmi box wise), but this one works ok for the time being.

Scribble likes this.
  7. Scribble

Scribble Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Someone sent me a direct message on Thingiverse complementing me on my TWOK rank pins and requesting additional ranks. Sometimes it just feels good to get messages like that, especially on a site that people rarely seem to comment.

8. rhubarbarian

congrats! =)

Scribble likes this.
  9. Butters

Butters Commodore Commodore

Being cryptic so as to not jinx it, touch wood.

Today. There was a breakthrough in my current little frustration and things inched along a bit. A hoop appears to have come out of nowhere though.

10. rhubarbarian

^ You can't always roll a one - sooner or later a six must turn up :)

I had a very sudden and unexpected turn [most literally!] of luck today: saw my orthopedist because of my dislocated rib. As I was the last patient before lunch break he walked me out and tripped over his 2 year old grandson who was playing in the anteroom. I grabbed the doc by the arm and while twisting my body pulled so as to prevent him from falling on top of the child. There was a loud crack and my rib was back in place ROTF!
    Luckily, neither the doc nor the toddler were injured.

Refuge, Tora Ziyal, Butters and 2 others like this.
  11. Scribble

I say to myself, almost on a minutely-basis, "Please, something go right."

As promised, the developer delivered the script that I'd meant to purchase on Sunday. Thankfully Sunday night in Russia is Sunday morning here in the States.

Butters likes this.
  12. Butters

Bloody ‘ell.

rhubarbarian likes this.
  13. rhubarbarian

yep. It's things like this that convinced me that life has a (rather warped) sense of humour

Scribble likes this.
  14. Sophie74656

Sophie74656 Commodore Commodore

My boyfriend is several states away visiting his sister...the other day he sent me a text asking for a picture of the kind of engagement rings I like :luvlove:

15. Butters

Kids in bed and asleep at 8pm, me, in bed before 10.

What witchcraft is this!?

16. Scribble

I finally took my personal logo into 3d. I've had it in 2d B&W on FB for ages.

Now it's my Avatar here.

Random_Spock likes this.
  17. Butters

Outwardly, I am the picture of serenity. Inwardly, I have all the composure and dignity of Donald Duck. That said, after today’s Godly trials, I have all the excuse I need to buy and consume a bottle of wine, so there’s that.

Scribble and TribbleFeeder like this.
  18. antichristhill

Got a birthday package from a friend---some nice pajamas and a dvd of "Line of Duty," season 1. :bolian:

Scribble and TribbleFeeder like this.
  19. TribbleFeeder

TribbleFeeder The Real Kim Cardassian Premium Member

Happy birthday Auntie!

rhubarbarian likes this.
  20. antichristhill

Thanks! It was yesterday; had a fun afternoon.