Surely something good happened to you today

I'm in Flagstaff for my wedding anniversary for the weekend. We went to Meteor Crater yesterday and are going to Bearizona today.
Happy Anniversary!
I've lived in AZ for over 20 years and sadly I've never been to either of those places. My dad went to Meteor Crater a few years before he did, but didn't bother to tell the rest of the family. I've also never been to the Grand Canyon.
Meteor Crater, the Grand Canyon, and seeing the Salt River Wild Horses are on my bucket list, and are the three I actually have the best chance of doing some day since they're actually here in Az.

I was in AZ last summer, it was the first stop on a baseball tour (Diamondbacks, Rockies, Rangers, Astros). The weather was surprisingly pleasant, just the low 80's. Of course it was the middle of May, so there's that.. :lol: The roof was even open at the Dbacks' stadium, and that almost never happens!

We also went out into the desert to see the red rocks. That was pretty cool. There's even a church out there!

Last edited:
Sounds like you picked the right time to come out here.

Yeah, I had a good time.

And speaking of good things: When our tour group landed in Denver, the driver who picked us up at the airport said that just a day or two before, there was a huge storm. We SO lucked out on that. If the storm had hit when we were there, it could have ruined the whole tour...

Coming up on my 35th high school graduation and I still have a calculator that was given to me as a gift that I use everyday and I've never had any problems/issues with it.

Coming up on my 35th high school graduation and I still have a calculator that was given to me as a gift that I use everyday and I've never had any problems/issues with it.

In high school chemistry class or maybe physics, I learned to use a slide rule. And then, in college, handheld calculators arrived and slide rules were instantly antiquated. Here today and gone later today. Another useless skill.

The two owl chicks that my mom and I have been watching out at the park where we hike have fledged! It's exciting to see them make such a big step, but at the same time it's kinda sad because it means this might have been the last time we'll see them.

I decided to test myself and went on my longest walk I've ever gone on. I was out for a little over 2 and a half hours, and when I measured the path I took on Google Earth it came out to 6.39 miles. I don't think this will be a regular thing, I just wanted to see if I could do it.

Back