Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

The barn burns down and Lois leaves on a chopper?

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Clark and Ollie have an emotional good bye to each other just as Ollie is getting ready to leave Metropolis for good and return to Star City. LOL.

3. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Latest unsubstantiated internet rumor from an "anonymous source" that will probably turn out to be as real as Keanu Reeves saying he's going to make two more Matrix sequels:

General Lane is a major character and Metallo is the (supersoldier) villain.

4. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

That sounds like material from "Secret Origin". Metalo is used in the second half of that story. General Lane of course has been a villain in New Krypton as head of Project 7734 and oh as we've established here before I don't believe anything reported on that site lol.

6. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Shades of Incredible Hulk with Thunderbolt Ross and Abomination.

7. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hmm...

In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time. Clark Kent/Kal-El (Henry Cavill) is a young twenty-something journalist who feels alienated by powers beyond anyone's imagination. Transported to Earth years ago from Krypton, an advanced alien planet, Clark struggles with the ultimate question - Why am I here? Shaped by the values of his adoptive parents Martha (Diane Lane) and Jonathan Kent (Kevin Costner), Clark soon discovers that having super abilities means making very difficult decisions. But when the world needs stability the most, it comes under attack. Will his abilities be used to maintain peace or ultimately used to divide and conquer? Clark must become the hero known as "Superman," not only to shine as the world's last beacon of hope but to protect the ones he loves.

Link

8. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

For real. Massive borrowing from Marvel it seems. I don't even know of another way to view it at this point.
    Provided the rumor turns out to have any merit of course.

Immitation=Flattery I suppose?

9. Admiral Buzzkill

Why do people like to think that folks are eager to steal from movies and TV shows that are commercial failures? Same thing comes up with DS9 and B5, despite the fact that failure to have paid attention to B5 would simply have put the Trek writers in the same category as 99.5% of the American public...and that's the case here as well.

10. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't see anything spoilery in the synopsis you quoted, Dennis. All it did was confirm that they are making a movie about Superman. The "decision" is so vague that it could mean anything.

11. Captain Craig

You interjected the word eager.
    It is what it is.
    But until that scenario plays out it's just rumor mill.
    One can't say that the approach is "fresh & new" so if it's not the scenario from Incredible Hulk what would you call it?

12. Admiral Buzzkill

Try posting a report on this BBS that Clark Kent will wear glasses in the next movie without putting it in spoiler code. Let me know what happens. :lol:

13. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

^Well I for one appreciate your thoughtfulness.

14. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

They're also lining up Mark Ruffalo to play Superman in Justice League. :p

15. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

This "plot" sounds a lot like Geoff Johns' and Gary Frank's "Superman: Secret Origin". I say that's just a rumor started by someone who just wants to see that comic on the big screen.

Seriously, I don't buy anything surrounding this movie unless it's confirmed by official sources. Superman movies attract rumors the way light attracts fireflies.

16. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Speaking of which:

• a source close to Lindsay Lohan said the troubled ]actress will audition for a role in director Zack Snyder's upcoming "Superman" reboot this week, Radar Online reported Monday. "Lindsay plans to return from New York on Wednesday and meet with producers and read with an actor who is up for the role of Lex Luthor," the source said.

• Lohan, 24, would reportedly be reading for a role as a villain. That means she could be auditioning for the rule of Miss Teschmacher, Luthor's sexy accomplice, played in the 1978 original by Valerie Perrine.

• The "Mean Girls" star will go on trial for felony grand theft this month. She is charged with one count of felony grand theft for allegedly walking out of a jewelry boutique without paying for a $2,500 gold necklace on Jan. 22 in Venice, Calif.

• On March 23, Lohan rejected a plea deal that would include a 90-day jail sentence and opted to take her chances at a trial. If found guilty at the trial, she will likely be sentenced to jail. A source close to the "Superman" production said Lohan's potential jail time "almost certainly would coincide with the production schedule."

• If cast in the "Superman" reboot, Lohan would join a cast that includes Henry Cavill as Superman, Amy Adams, Kevin Costner and Diane Lane.
    [LEFT]
    [/LEFT]

17. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ Does anyone seriously expect that Miss Tessmacher will be in this movie?!

I'm a bit dubious of the above report but I actually wouldn't mind seeing Li-Lo as Lana Lang.

18. Captain Craig

No.
    Was she not a creation just for the Donner movies?
    Are they not specifically staying away from any homage to those? Thought they were.

I put no stock in the Lohan=Tessmacher rumor.

19. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Mercy Graves, please but played by Rachael
    McAdams!

20. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, I posted it precisely to illustrate the previous post about the b.s. rumors out there. I fully expect that Lohan's own people planted this to give the press something to talk about other than her legal troubles.