Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. N-121973

N-121973 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hi Admiral could you point me in the direction of that statement, only I know nothing about that. All I've heard is that first Hans Zimmer was going to score the film, then he wasn't and now he is, I certainly haven't heard that that they doing something new. Though sadly that was always on the cards :thumbdown:.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hans hasn't stated that...but Snyder last year in an interview in October stated that "Man of Steel" is going to be very different from the DonnerVerse and stated they're seeking a complete separation. One only assumes that since they've brought in Hans that they're doing that with the score as well.

3. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I think a deeper and richer version of the 1950s TV show theme would actually work really WELL in a Superman movie.

4. Admiral_Young

That would be awesome.

5. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm very excited that Hans Zimmer is doing the score for Man of Steel. I was worried we'd get Tyler Bates or something.

6. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

That is not a bad idea.

7. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Actually, the John Williams theme itself already seems directly inspired by the initial fanfare in the 50's version.

8. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

9. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

10. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

They also weren't overly happy with the first GL stuff either, right?

Let's hope this is only because Nolan has crazy high standards.

11. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

They have time to fix things if those sources are correct. The film doesn't come out for another year.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it's still early to be getting worried.

13. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

And we know how GL turned out.

14. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

So if this movie turns out to be bad, will fans will crucify Snyder?

15. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Well if Nolan selected Snyder, I HAVE to think he was aware of what the final product was going to look like...

16. Admiral_Young

Not really a big deal if true. Nolan re-wrote the script when there were script problems last year. As JacksonArcher stated, if this is indeed true, they have a whole year to fix whatever the problems are. Also fans have already been critical of Snyder's selection as director, so yes if this turns out to be disappointing again they're criticize him, just as Bryan Singer got criticized for "Superman Returns".

I'm personally looking forward to the SDCC Panel and possible footage coverage. I'm also betting that the teaser trailer will be attached with "The Dark Knight Rises".

17. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Fans will probably have to wait more than 6 years for another Superman movie if this bombs.

There's so much pressure for "Man of Steel" to work. It's the second attempt revive the Superman franchise since "Superman Returns"

With Green Lanterns failure, "Man of Steel" has to lead the charge for future DC movies to be greenlit.

If "Man of Steel" fails expect the Batman reboot(with Nolan producing?) to be greenlit in a second.

It will be more Batman movie for the foreseeable future for DC

18. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

The joke I keep hearing online is that if this movie turns out great, people will praise Nolan but if it is bad they will blame Snyder. I'm pretty sure that isn't far from the truth!

19. Admiral_Young

There's even more pressure for "Man of Steel" to be a success due to the ongoing law suit. I believe Warner Bros film rights for Superman expire in August of 2013. If this fails, we could have a much longer wait than six years. I haven't read any updates about the lawsuit in a long, long time though so I'm not sure what the current situation is.

20. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Last I heard, DC owns most of the key bits. What they don't have are rights to use certain aspects of the origin story, and a bunch of Superboy stuff.