Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Agenda

Agenda Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

But how many were seriously yelling for black trunks?

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah I remember people complaining over details in the Nolan Batsuit as well. Perhaps not to the extent that has been going on with this suit or Henry Cavil's hair style...but it was pretty intense IIRC. The thing is there is never going to be any consensus on a superhero costume...ever! Fans are just too nitpicky and set in their own ways for us all to agree on anything.

3. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

You're a traditionalist. There's no reason not to modify the suit a bit to accomodate the tastes of the people working on the project.

I do like it better without the red Speedo.

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Indeed. Each production has had their own take on the suit which is pretty much to be expected since they're each doing their own take on the character.

5. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah it's kind of ironic that the batsuit that's MOST faithful to the comics... is actually the Adam West one. :D

6. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Can someone with more talent than me post a photo from the last page of the new Justice League side by side this still from the movie?

7. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

The meme "teh Puffy" was created from the backlash over the Batman Begins suit.

8. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

Fans like to bitch. I've been trying to tune out the fannish horseshit for years.

9. Admiral Buzzkill

Looking at box office returns helps.

10. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Commodore

Spiderman's suit looked like it was rubbery, but also clothy. It looked like maybe he had it made, but definately could wear it and easily take it off. Same with Rouths suit, same with Trek (09) uniforms. This new suit doesn't have those qualities, it looks too rubbery and plastic even. It doesn't look like you could walk around easily with it on, nor does it look like you could wear it easily. It definately doesn't look Martha could have made it.

Another observation is that it has a zipper running down the back, which means it's a one piece. I was always under the impression that Superman's suit was a 3 or 4 piece. The shirt, the pants(with a belt), the cape and the boots. Maybe the cape is sown in, maybe it's not. I seem to remember Dean Cain's suit bieng that way and he had several in his closet, all made by Martha Kent.

I know i'm nitpicking, ussually I don't as much, but this suit just doesn't sit right with me. I like some aspects of it, but i'd prefer a more cloth like material, with not too much detail.

11. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Interesting to note, in the director's cut of Superman 2, Lois (briefly) is wearing Supe's blue shirt.

12. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

In the comics it's been everything. From a one piece ( including the boots!!!!) to a four piece.

13. jep316

jep316 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's amazing to hear people start b#tching about a movie that won't premiere for 2yrs and basing their complaints on it off a few shots from the movie site.

And it's funny reading complaints from some sites regarding how crappy the bad guys suits are both in Superman and The Avengers....do they not understand what CGI capture means?:lol:

As for changing Superman's looks,his look has changed many many times and I think most would agree that no one would want any Superman whether in Comicbooks or on film to look like how he originally did when first published.

Oh well guess it wouldn't be the Internet if someone wasn't b#tching about something.:techman:

14. Admiral Buzzkill

Given the approach that Nolan successfully took to Batman, why did anyone think that he would produce a Superman movie that one could confuse with something Richard Donner did? ;)

15. Agenda

Speaking of Donner, I wonder what Krypton and the Fortress is going to look like? I hope they try something different than the crystal thing. I'm getting really tired of the crystal thing.

16. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

The fortress is going to be a van down by the river.

17. Admiral Buzzkill

With a bumper sticker on the rear reading "If the van is rockin'...that explains the 6.1 earthquake."

18. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I loved the SR suit, but that thing looked rubbery and plastic as hell! This new suit looks much more practical and wearable to me.

I'm guessing it'll look a lot like those organic looking designs on his suit.

19. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

Me too. I am really looking forward to seeing what they're going to do with both. The Crystals and Krypton as a Hoth like world have grown old. Time for something new!

:guffaw::rofl::guffaw::rofl::guffaw::rommie:

20. Agenda

If Grant Morrison was writing this that wouldn't surprise me too much.