Strange New Worlds Season 2 Trailer

They go to a planet where the atmosphere filters the light to make everything look greyscale.

CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96.JPG

Wonder if Batel's going to be this season's take on "Captain who survives destruction of her entire ship" a la Ronald Tracey and Matt Decker. I have a feeling the Connie-looking ship we keep seeing destroyed is the Cayuga.

Loved the brief speechify from Kirk in this trailer. Unlike many others who complained bitterly last time he was on, I don't want a fun, goofy, or lighthearted Kirk. I had my fill of that in the Kelvinverse (which I loved). Kirk in TOS was very serious most of the time, and I want that characterization preserved, revolving doors aside.

Liked Wesley's take before, and it looks like I'm going to like it again.

I’ll withhold judgment on the crossover until I actually see the episode. I have no doubt that it’ll be entertaining though.

Looking through the comments for the trailer on YouTube & Instagram, soooo many people are saying “I thought SNW and Lower Decks were different timelines, or am I wrong? How is this possible?!”

Have these people never seen any Star Trek or science fiction before in their lives?!

Looking through the comments for the trailer on YouTube & Instagram, soooo many people are saying “I thought SNW and Lower Decks were different timelines, or am I wrong? How is this possible?!”

Have these people never seen any Star Trek or science fiction before in their lives?!
That would involve not reacting first. It's an emotion first response.

77 Sunset Strip, Hawaiian Eye , Bourbon Street Beat, and Surfside 6, all produced by Warner Bros and airing on ABC in the late-50s/early-60s shared characters and crossed over a few times.

a lot of the time fan theories are mostly right. they grey poster stuff with chappelle may be a good clue, that she may not return until some time later....to search for her fiance and yeah, I will not be surprised if Leia is introduced at the end the star dates are matching up so far. although I will not support the leia stuff so soon since spock would have burned through 3 women and we are not even in mid season 3 yet.

Her name is Leila Kalomi right? Leila. Also burning any amount of women is a crime.

There's so much bad faith within the fandom discourse, that it really doesn't surprise me that those on the periphery would be confused.

Here's some speculation/a canon question ....

In TNG, I believe Picard mentions that he attended the wedding of Sarek's son. It's never outright stated to be Spock. Just kinda implied.

Is it possible that maybe, just maybe, we could end up with a flash-forward where Spock and Chapel are married at some point post-TOS movie era? That they take the long way round and find each other again after everything.

I can't think of anything within the original canon that would preclude that as a possibility.

I still think this crossover is just a bizarre idea. I personally would have done it in Lower Decks, and the animation for it would be in TAS style. Boilmer’s hair would be pink.

There are already people complaining that the Lower Decks uniforms aren't a perfect 1:1 match to their cartoon counterparts, as if there isn't an obvious difference in anatomy between the live-action and animated humans. :lol:

Yes, because the First Contact uniforms in Lower Decks are just the spitting image of the live action ones (obviously I'm being sarcastic).

The medium of animation has to simplify details to make in manageable so obviously things will look different in live action. Are people really being that ridiculous (hypothetical question. I have no doubt that they are!).

Nitpicking: the very first shared cinematic universe would the the Universal Monsters films of the 1940s, when Frankenstein's monster, Dracula, and the Wolf Man started crossing over into each other films, beginning with FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLF MAN (1943) which is simultaneously a sequel to THE WOLF MAN (1941) and GHOST OF FRANKENSTEIN (1942), picking up on plot threads from both films. Followed by three other "monster mash" crossover movies.

And then there was the Toho giant-monster cinematic universe, with Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra, and company debuting in their own solo films before crossing over (and over and over) into each other's films, culminating in DESTROY ALL MONSTERS (1968), which, trust me, was pretty much the AVENGERS: ENDGAME of Japanese monster movies, bringing together all of Toho's kaiju in one big epic film. (Blew my eight-year-old mind, back in the day.)

All long before STAR TREK became cinematic universe.
Don't forget all the Abbott & Costello Meet the Monsters movies.
:techman:

Back