Spoilers Strange New Worlds General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Strange New Worlds' started by NewHeavensNewEarth, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Jayson1

Jayson1 Admiral Admiral

Where getting closer and closer to learning how wokeness ruined it by Nerdrotic. Everyone excited to find out how?

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Until Doomcock posts the video about how Woke Culture has ruined male fertility by keeping Number One a woman I won't be satisfied.

3. ELCHawk

ELCHawk Lieutenant Red Shirt

I can't wait until "fans" start hating on this show too and go out of their way to make it known 100 times. Fun! Fun! Personally, I am excited for it and am sure I will enjoy it like I enjoy all NuTrek.

4. SJGardner

SJGardner Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I hope there'll be a female admiral doing her job and giving orders to Pike just so that I could listen to a certain part of the internet whine about emasculated white males being oppressed by the feminist agenda or something.

5. JLBTucker

JLBTucker Commander Red Shirt

Ill be honest I think this show will be off to a better start then discovery they learned their lessons from discoveries underwhelming first two seasons. Picard on the other hand..... season 2 is make or break for me. Didnt like season 1 but im giving it a chance with season 2

6. JLBTucker

JLBTucker Commander Red Shirt

You know one of the things i liked about DISCO was the Admiral. its rare to see a competent Starfleet admiral were in TNG era we had Ross... and thats it the rest were crap

ATimson, Commander Troi and antinoos like this.
  7. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

May 5, huh?

Talk about a day late and a dollar short.

8. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Probably a trailer first and eventually a forum the week before. Mostly because new mods have to be broken in.

Commander Troi and JoaquinSlowly like this.
  9. Amasov

Amasov Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Some non-canon book or comic established that Pike was April's first officer. I'd love it if they canonized that.

Commander Troi likes this.
  10. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Ah, crap...time to hit the backstage panic button again.

11. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Coincidentally, First Contact Day will be one month exactly before SNW premieres...
    That actually is canon, it can be seen when we see Pike's file on screen on Disco.

12. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

And the day after Star Wars Day.

13. Char Kais

Char Kais Commander Red Shirt

Just over three months until the Strange New Worlds premiere and no word about availability in Europe.

No info about Paramount Plus in Europe since August 2021.

MrPicard likes this.
  14. dupersuper

dupersuper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I intend to enjoy all the First Contact Days I can before the attack on Utopia Planetia makes it all weird and depressing every year afterwards.

Markonian and Commander Troi like this.
  15. fireproof78

I prefer second contact day.

16. MrPicard

MrPicard Jean-Luc's Loving Husband Premium Member

My guess is they’re not going to open that can of worms for now. It created such a backlash when they yanked Disco off Netflix, I don’t think they want that disaster again. I very much doubt that P+ will be available in all of Europe by the time SNW premieres tho. And their Pluto TV channel on which they’ve at least put the new Disco episodes for now isn’t available in all European countries either. It’s going to be interesting to see what they do with this, given the fact that SNW is the show the fandom seems most hyped for. It would be extremely unwise from a business viewpoint to not make the show available, but then, they’ve showed pretty clearly that their prime target audience is the US fandom, so… like I said, it’s gonna be interesting.

17. dinzy

dinzy Commander Red Shirt

Drinking Jippers on a beach somewhere in MD
    2 days actually. ( May 3 = My BD) - But Being on Drinko de Mayo is cool. The could go all in with a Pike brand "Captain Gold" Tequila.

Not sure why you'd want it to launch on May the 4th. I would not be surprised if that is the day the next Star Wars Show launches or season premieres on Disney +. I like the new Star Wars shows, but would easily watch Trek First.

Commander Troi and JoaquinSlowly like this.
  18. coryjosb

coryjosb Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I personally have no interest or investment in Star Wars but I really think Trek releasing anything on May 4th would be very dumb, any talk of the show would be immediately overshadowed by Boba Fett and his band of Merry Mandalorians (Is it obvious I don't follow the franchise past the the films?)

19. fireproof78

Not really. The term Mandalorian is not used in the films.;)

20. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Antiwokes when something is taken down for offending someone: "CENSORSHIP!!!! ORWELL WAS ONLY WRONG ABOUT THE YEAR!"

Antiwokes when a gay or trans person or powerful woman is in a show: "Why are shows getting so woke and political?! I demand it be censored!"