Stories you would have liked to have seen, the Voyager edition.

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Tracy Trek, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME

Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Can I say that i would have loved to see Janeway coming back and - in addition to see her mother, Gretchen, and her sister, Phoebe -, retrieving Molly, her dog?! -> to Mark the requesting wife and the crying kids, to Kathryn, the loyal dog! La vie est belle, parfois! ; -)

Refuge likes this.
  2. Sophie74656

Sophie74656 Commodore Commodore

Or at least one of her puppes

3. Tracy Trek

Tracy Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

By the time Voyager got home, Molly may have been quite attached to Mark by then.

4. Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME

Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You could be surprised at the loyalty of a dog, when he/she choosed his/her master! Indeed, some dogs are able to wait years, their masters even when the latter is dead or is absent for a long time..., supposing that he/she didn't die in the meantime!

5. Lonely Horse

Lonely Horse Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I thought it would've been interesting to have had at least one scene about the reaction from the families of those who had already died when Voyager first made contact with Starfleet. We could've also seen more of the bad relationship between the Voyager crew and the Equinox crew as well.

6. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Year of Hell without the reset button.

7. Lonely Horse

The whole series without the reset button would've been nice. Same goes for shuttles and torpedoes.

8. Lonely Horse

The whole series without the reset button would've been nice. Same goes for shuttles and torpedoes.

9. Herbert

Herbert Commodore Commodore

I'd like to fast forward about two hundred years or so and see the effects that Voyager had on the Delta Quadrant. Let's face it, they went through there like a bat out of hell. It would be interesting to see the legacy of that (from a prime directive perspective) from a future perspective.

Tracy Trek likes this.
  10. Lonely Horse

Star Trek Online (a Star Trek massively multiplayer online roleplaying game) has a whole story arc exploring just that. Shame the studios keep concentrating on the Kelvin timeline Kirk era...
    Here's the link to the trailer in case you're interested / unaware of it:

Herbert, Tracy Trek and Refuge like this.
  11. Voth commando1

Voth commando1 Commodore Commodore

In a sub-sub atomic universe with kittens
    How often exactly did Voyager use the "reset button"?

Time travel episodes(makes sense)

And maybe a few others

I didn't have a problem with the ending in Year of Hell.

Thomas Eugene likes this.
  12. Lonely Horse

Edit: I realise my point in this post is pretty much 100% wrong.

There have been countless times where the U.S.S. Voyager suffers severe damage which is 100% fixed in the next episode (or sometimes the next time the vessel is shown) despite having limited supplies and no access to a federation starbase. That's what people refer to as the "reset button".

Here's an example (both videos are from Caretaker):

The crew were in the array between these two scenes, therefore there is no way they could have repaired their vessel. All the broken pieces have been cleared away and the Conn Panel has been fixed by the time Mr. Paris and Mr. Rollins use it even though we could see it leaking plasma and damaged enough to kill Stadi earlier on.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  13. Sophie74656

There's only one TRUE use of the reset button, Year of Hell (if by reset you mean where the events never happened and nobody has any knowledge of those events, but it does seem that people don't even agree on what the definition of reset button is)

14. Voth commando1

Voth commando1 Commodore Commodore

In a sub-sub atomic universe with kittens
    Time passes in between episodes. Often times months will pass in between episodes "In-Universe." They make the repairs and replicate or trade the necessary materials off screen

Thomas Eugene and Tracy Trek like this.
  15. Prax

Prax Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I challenge you to prove these "countless times."

Do you accept the challenge?

16. Prax

Prax Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They probably have a pretty bad reputation in some parts. In the first few seasons, everytime they encounter a new race they would say "Hello, I'm Kathy..." and the aliens would say "Your reputation precedes you, Voyager."

And in one episode, Janeway replies "LIES! Lies from the filthy Kazon! Jealous, they are!"

John Sinclair likes this.
  17. Sophie74656

Can you please provide some examples of the "countless times"? It's really not that often. Based on thes stardates, there is often days, weeks or months between episodes. Enough time for them to make repairs. We have also seen mentions of events off screen where they were gathering supplies or trading.

I've said this before, with around 40 minutes per episode of story time, I would much rather see that time used for story and character development than watching someone sweeping the bridge or painting the hull.

18. Sophie74656

This is a common thing among criticisms of Voyager. The conversation usually goes....

They were always doing such and such
    Can you provide an example?
    It was in like evey episode
    Can you name one?
    Pretty much every one
    How about just naming one?
    There were too many to name
    Just one?
    So many

Tracy Trek likes this.
  19. Tracy Trek

Tracy Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've said this before, Voyager gets picked on for things the other shows get away with. One example that comes to mind right now is on TNG when Riker revealed what happened when he was serving on the Pegasus. At the end of the episode he's in the brig, but is it ever mentioned again? And, no, using it as a framing story for the Enterprise finale doesn't count.

So when people say they never show any consequences for the characters of Voyager, I think that's hypocritical. They actually showed Tom having a consequence for his actions in Thirty Days. His brig time and his demotion And the demotion was not reversed for about a season and a half.

Thomas Eugene likes this.
  20. Sophie74656

Later on Seven also has her computer access revoked and it's mentioned a few episodes later, janeway says something about how she's been doing well and might have her access restored soon.