Spoilers Starship Design in Star Trek: Picard

I really liked that older design. Much prefer it over those spindly little nacelles it got stuck with.

Wasn't there also alleged leaked footage of another version of that early Crossfield design?

I don't think there has ever been confirmation if it was real or not

Edit:

100% agreed. I had a go at modifying the final Crossfield design into the original concept design once but I didn't get very far... still think it looks better though. Those nacelles in the final version are just ridiculous.

sHc6K6w.png

Enterprise-G quarters look so depresive like Gotham underground when we compare it with three generations older Enterprise-D. Man Jack's quarters on Enterprise-G look like Splinter's and TMNT home in underground. No view of the stars no nothing. So depressive.

Enterprise-G quarters:

01.jpg

Enterprise-D quarters:

02.jpg

Enterprise-G quarters look so depresive like Gotham underground when we compare it with three generations older Enterprise-D. Man Jack's quarters on Enterprise-G look like Splinter's and TMNT home in underground. No view of the stars no nothing. So depressive.

Enterprise-G quarters:

01.jpg

Enterprise-D quarters:

02.jpg

Hey at least he has windows.

The crew quarters on the Enterprise both in TOS and Refit as well as 1701-A had *no* windows, neither did the Junior Officers quarters (If you even had single berth quarters) had no windows either.

In fact the only people who saw in TNG who had quarters with windows were Lt Commander (Except for Data who presumably didn't care) and above and certain civilians.

Plus it seems the Titan is not one of those "we're out at space for 15 months at a time" events..more likely the events are closer to 2-3 month excursions like modern civil and military deployments.

The "we basically never come home" thing seems to have ended due to the Dominion War

In fact the only people who saw in TNG who had quarters with windows were Lt Commander (Except for Data who presumably didn't care) and above and certain civilians.

I believe Data's quarters were intended to have skylights, but of course we don't see them on screen. So were Worf's when he was just a lieutenant, but he might have had dispensation for larger quarters due to Alexander. It is odd though, the Enterprise-D had more than enough room to give everyone aboard a set of quarters with a window. Definitely some sort of weird officer hierarchy thing going on. Even ensigns on the comparatively frugal NX-01 got windows.

I believe Data's quarters were intended to have skylights, but of course we don't see them on screen. So were Worf's when he was just a lieutenant, but he might have had dispensation for larger quarters due to Alexander. It is odd though, the Enterprise-D had more than enough room to give everyone aboard a set of quarters with a window. Definitely some sort of weird officer hierarchy thing going on. Even ensigns on the comparatively frugal NX-01 got windows.
Unless there is a measure of personal choice.

Firstly, every other Enterprise so far was the pinnacle of Starfleet engineering. With the G they spent an entire season telling us what a rustbucket she is. So no progression here.

Secondly, we have the botched up and contrived background story of the refit. Was it just some raw materials or more as dialogue suggests when Picard referes to her as Riker's old command.

Thirdly, it doesn't make much sense that Starfleet thought NCC-80102 did something so impressive that its successor deserved a prefix, yet has no qualms erasing the name and registry.

Fourthly, I'm not a fan of "Class Roman Numeral" designations.

And lastly, minimal effort was made to bring the 23rd century Shangri La class to the 25th century so it looks oddly out of place.

So, basically everything about this ship just doesn't work out. It's the biggest mistake they made this season IMO.
KIRK: A ship is a ship.

SCOTTY: Whatever you say so... Thy will be done.

Back