Spoilers Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Grading & Discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Commander Richard, Dec 13, 2019.

?

Grade the movie...

1. A+

5.5%
  2. A

11.0%
  3. A-

14.6%
  4. B+

11.0%
  5. B

13.7%
  6. B-

6.8%
  7. C+

8.7%
  8. C

7.3%
  9. C-

5.9%
  10. D+

2.3%
  11. D

4.1%
  12. D-

2.7%
  13. F

6.4%
  1. crookeddy

crookeddy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Another post full of complete nonsense.

Smellmet likes this.
  2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The only reason I care about the box office is because I like to see things I like succeed.
    I doubt very, very much that we'll have to wait that long. I'd expect 2023 most likely. I was thinking 2022 at first, but that might be a bit early, unless they are already working on something and are just waiting until one of the Comic-Cons or Star Wars Celebration to announce it.

BillJ likes this.
  3. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

For you.

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

The last film did a BILLION dollars, and everyone seems to hate it, or so I'm told. That the sequel trilogy is such a miserable failure that Kathleen Kennedy was fired two years ago.

Going through life watching YouTube videos is a terrible way to learn about the real world. There will be a film in 2023, by either Feige or Waititi. Or, possibly, Rian Johnson.

Star Wars isn't going anywhere.

TedShatner10 and Turtletrekker like this.
  5. BillJ

If they spent $400 million dollars on production budget and advertising, and got 50% of theater revenue, Disney walked away with $100 million dollars in profit off of The Rise of Skywalker. That is before merchandising and secondary markets for the film are factored in.

I don't see them as exactly pissing their pants over the film.

Maybe it isn't Avengers money, but at the same time neither is it Terminator: Dark Fate. Drowning in $130 million dollars of red ink.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  6. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Really wish they used the alternate version with Coruscant. Would have made a better finale.

7. crookeddy

Why do people keeping bringing up Youtube videos. They are the only ones talking about them too, haha

8. fireproof78

I really wish a lot of things about SW.

9. BillJ

Because your complaints sound like they come straight from YouTube.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  10. crookeddy

Cool, glad you're not paying any attention at all.

11. fireproof78

People can have repetitive talking points without YouTube ;)

TedShatner10 and BillJ like this.
  12. crookeddy

Good to see that you're at least self aware.

13. fireproof78

As is often stated, I would love to fail like the sequel trilogy did.

The point is that we have no control over the future of the franchise. And, strangely, I'm OK with that. I would rather them explore SW in many different avenues that try to kowtow to old fans like me. They will experiment, fail, struggle and create. I went through ten-ish years of no SW content that I enjoyed (from ROTS to right before TFA). I still manage to hang out with friends, talk SW and have fun with the franchise.

I really struggle with this idea that if no new content is produced that somehow SW is finished.:shrug::shrug::shrug:

14. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Again, Lucasfilm is certainly not done creating Star Wars content. Its just not content that one rather opinionated and outspoken poster doesn't like. And so, ya know, gloom and doom and nonsense and all of that.

15. fireproof78

Nope. As I stated, I will worry about Star Wars when they stop producing content. Until then, there is a quiet satisfaction for me for what has been produced thus far, and in anticipation of what is to come.

Campe likes this.
  16. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    There have been a grand total of maybe nine years since 1999 when Lucasfilm wasn't giving us new Star Wars content. We'll survive if we have to wait a couple of years between new movies or TV series, which likely isn't going to happen when it comes to streaming shows.

fireproof78 likes this.
  17. fireproof78

Exactly.

18. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I don't get the people who have to have new content all the time as if their very fandom depends on new movies and series episodes always being at their fingertips. We got just three new canonical Star Trek adventures between 2005 and 2017 and we did just fine.

BillJ likes this.
  19. fireproof78

I feel a similar way. I stated before (here or another thread) but between the prequel trilogy ending and TFA there wasn't really a lot of new SW content I felt like consuming. I tried The Old Republic MMORPG, but the rest was all fan based stuff, discussion boards, fan fiction, etc.

I don't need new content to enjoy a franchise.

20. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Let's be fair. If you include comics, novels, video games, roleplaying games additions, etc., since the release of the novel Star Wars: From the Adventures of Luke Skywalker was published in November 1976 (yes, six months prior to the release of the film), not a year has gone by where something Star Wars-related has not been released. Those things might not be your cup of tea, but Star Wars has really never gone away. Certainly not all of it has been things I've been interested in, however, to say that it has not been there, is a lie.