Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 15, 2012.

1. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed, it's bullshit. Disney could still be making money off The Clone Wars and from some talk, they might not even get Episode VII out until 2016. So they're not going to do any Star Wars projects becaue their multi-billion-dollar global brand can't handle it?

Disappointed to hear that the "bonus content" is apparently only two story arcs. I'm curious as to how "almost done" the bounty hunters arc was. It it was only a few days from being done then I'm not surprised if Disney just said "fuck it." They've proven they don't give a shit about this show.

Two story arcs...I'm guessing one of them is the Clovis arc that was originally scheduled for Season 5. So that pretty much means one new arc was completed. It's too bad it's not more.

2. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

I like to think I enjoyed The Clone Wars as much as the next person, but at this point my feelings are; Just let me have my season five blu-ray and I'm ready to move on to new Star Wars.

3. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There's supposed to be a huge announcement from Dark Horse comics that their editor is very excited about sometime this week maybe. My dream would be for it to be the full continuation/conclusion of The Clone Wars in comic form.

4. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Now that would be something to cheer about. I'm interested. We'll have to keep our eyes and ears open for whatever this announcement is.

5. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

Not damn likely, considering Disney's already got their own comic wing (Marvel) and are eager to return Star Wars to it. All Dark Horse SW titles end this December, and they've already made it clear no new SW titles are expected out of Marvel until 2015 AT LEAST.

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah Dark Horse has been rumoured to have been making some kind of huge announcement for the last week or two and nothing's come down yet. I doubt it has anything to do with Clone Wars, if anything it most likely has to do with their rights situation regarding their Star Wars line. As mentioned above it is supposed to expire...unless they've worked out some kind of deal with Disney/Marvel to co-publish, which would be huge news, but outside of this I haven't been able to come up with what it could be.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I doubt that they will do nothing with the franchise until the movie comes out. I just have a feeling that they will be doing their own thing instead of continuing something somebody else started. At this point I'm thinking anything we get will either be set in the Original Trilogy era, or in an era we haven't seen on screen before. Besides, like I said before it makes sense to me that they would want to start over fresh with stuff that they can have full control over. Think of it this way, if the Disney Star Wars stuff does suck, at least it'll be something new that sucks from the beginning, instead of ruining Clone Wars.
    Damn, I hadn't heard that it was only going to be two arcs. I was hoping for at least three or four.

8. cooleddie74

I was sort of hoping to see what happens to the pubescent Boba Fett as the Clone Wars begin to draw to a close, but it's not as if we don't know what his destiny is. Plus there's still the much-discussed live action TV series set between Episodes III and IV that's been rumored to be very heavy on minor characters and bounty hunters, so Boba can resurface on that show (if it ever gets made and sold to a network).

9. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I really could have done without the Clovis arc... he wasn't the most interesting character in the series by far. The last time we saw him he spent all his time trying to rape Padme. The only particular interest here is seeing he and Anakin sort of face off. Anakin really screwed him over the last time we saw him. Hopefully the Padme is minimal, too. It would be a painful irony if the final Clone Wars shows are climaxed with her boring senate speeches!! We get enough of that shit from the prequel films.

We know what these 'arcs' are like... they go both ways. On one hand, an arc full of awesome delivers the goods non stop, such as any Darth Maul arc or droid factory demolition (Landing at Point Rain anyone?) but then the problem is that we get saddled with real stinkers like the Gascon droid story which was mind numbingly stupid or the absolute train wreck of the Mortis arc which I can't bring myself to watch ever again...

Well worth our time would be finding out what happens to Sing and Bane... of course we know what happens with Boba. Still, I'm pretty happy that most of the background characters from the prequels (of which Sing would be the poster girl from her 1 second of screen time in TPM) got at least one story to shine in.

So that's it. Concluding the series in animated format (can't say I'm enthusiastic about continuing the series in comic form) we have:

6.1 Botched Order 66 story? (3-4 episodes)
    6.2 Clovis story conclusion (3-4 episodes)

Way to go out with a fizzle... there are so many other exciting ideas that no doubt will be locked in Disney's goddamned vault. (On a side note, I find it terrifying that they promote willingly the intractable nature of their media releases with the terminology "vault") All I can hope for is a few descent showdowns will popular/main villains, it would be great to see Grevious and/or Ventress one last time or Dooku for that matter. A few scenes with Ahsoka might be great, but given her prominence in season 5 perhaps she was excluded from season 6 outright?

I still think she should be on the season 5 DVD Blu Ray cover. And dare I say it... it might make perfect sense to include said unreleased shows on the season 5 DVD/Blu Ray as a bonus disc? Many of us were going to by it anyway...

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  10. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I see a growth spurt in his future.

11. cooleddie74

I'd say.

Also, lots of peer pressure and experimentation with Death Sticks.

12. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

That's it. Time to spam the shit out of Bob Iger's mailbox.

Protip: do NOT send anthrax! It'll only get you incarcerated, plus, it's not like he's gonna open those anyway.

13. Set Harth

Only send the band Anthrax.

14. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well whatever this announcement is, Randy Stradley was very excited to make it. He teased that there was an announcement and then has had to keep pushing it back. If it was something bad he wouldn't have been antsy to share it with fans.

15. cooleddie74

Scott Ian would make a damned awesome Jedi. He wouldn't even have to wear any makeup.

16. ALF

I just finished watching Bounty from season 4, it's the last look we'll get at TCW Fett, I guess. The thing is, I kind of liked the way they left things with Boba. He kind of gets his ass kicked but I wonder if he ends up getting his share of the loot from Dengar and the other Bounty Hunters? It was a great Ventress episode.

I'm now trying to figure out which episodes contain the final appearances of Sing and Hondo. Neither of them were in season 5 at all, were they? Does anyone know?

17. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

Hondo was in season 5 a shitload in the beginning. Sing is nothing but a bland background character, so nothing else needs to be done with her.

18. Set Harth

Sing: Hunt for Ziro (S3)
    Hondo: Revival (S5)

19. cooleddie74

Aurra Sing has always been background fodder, but let's face facts: the Star Wars universe thrives on background fodder. At least the merchandising based on it does.

If they stopped making Star Wars action figures of anybody or anything that wasn't a significant character with importance to the script the entire business would die off pretty quickly. There are only so many versions of Harrison Ford in his smugger outfits that folks can stand.

20. ALF

That's a fair opinion, I'm just trying to reconcile with what Lucasarts won't be able to wrap up for us.

Sorry guys, it was mighty late when I posted. I meant to say Cad Bane, since that's one of the characters that we aren't getting a proper conclusion. Thanks for the info!

So Hunt For Ziro was Sing's last appearance? Will have to check it out. I remember she made a comeback in Assassin. I think Cad Bane's must have been the final part of the Obi Wan "undercover" arc.

Most certainly. And TCW excelled at this, it was such a special treat to give voices/stories to all of these great characters!

Except for Wat Tambor.

When you mentioned the Ford versions I thought to going past the toy aisle and seeing rows and rows and rows of Bumblebee transformers on pegs.

I wonder if spamming Bob Iger will make a difference. Sending him the band Anthrax certainly sounds amusing but I'm not sure harassing Disney would amount to anything.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013