Star Trek XIV: What do you want?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Danlav05, Jun 21, 2021.

?

What would you like from the next Star Trek movie?

1. Paramount+ tie in

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  2. Kelvin continuation

30 vote(s)
    50.8%
  3. New crew

8 vote(s)
    13.6%
  4. TNG Reboot

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  5. Prime continuation

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  6. New TOS reboot

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. other (write below)

9 vote(s)
    15.3%
  1. Relayer1

Relayer1 Vice Admiral Admiral

My thoughts exactly.

However, even though I dislike the Kelvin movies, Beyond would be a particularly low note to go out on.

If there is another, I'd like them to go all in to end it and tie it in a pretty bow - maybe fixing the split timeline, get Shat involved while they still can, whatever.

2. Charles Phipps

Charles Phipps Commodore Commodore

I'd like to see a final Pine and Quinto movie.

And it should involve both Klingons as well as time travel.

Also all the female characters they love to ditch between movies.

3. Hades Temperature Checker

Hades Temperature Checker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sure, even if it is final.
    Absolutely.
    Please no.
    Marcus and Jaylah would be wonderful to see again!

Charles Phipps likes this.
  4. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

They saved the Earth, stopped an unjust war with the Klingons from starting and saved Yorktown. Plenty of in-universe reason for them to stick an -A on the end. Of course you won't have the nostalgic feeling you had for the classic movie -A reveal. That's how nostalgia works.

You must love Discovery, giving most legacy ships letters in that era including TOS ones like the Excalibur.

5. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

There must have been a way of putting that which didn't involve the personal nudge. Also, that's a Discovery discussion I don't think we really need to have here.

STEPhon IT likes this.
  6. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A tribute to Chekov actor Anton Yelchin.

No outright comedy, TVH was an outright sitcom and TFF trying to pander with more of the same was a flop. Comedy in later movies was also a mixed bag, especially when aimed at the audience rather than letting it flow naturally.

Something other than a revenge trope, unless they can really pull it off. STB managed it. STID almost managed it... STVI made it truly spectacular.

Keep it nowhere near Earth and don't have ships go there. Let's do a count:
    1. Involved Earth
    2. Didn't involve Earth
    3. Barely involved Earth, mainly as a plot setup
    4. Involved Earth royally
    5. Didn't involve Earth
    6. Barely involved Earth (only for peripheral plot setup)
    7. Didn't involve Earth
    8. Involved Earth royally
    9. Didn't involve Earth
    10. Involved Earth only because the writers got bored with every other magical and implausible or dumb idea so why not chuck in Earth for no reason just to make it even lamer?
    11. Involved Earth royally
    12. Involved Earth royally
    13. Didn't involve Earth
    Forget even-numbered nonsense, the ones that don't wallow in Earth are the best. :shrug:

A low fewer easter eggs/meta references/etc or using old characters as crutches. Re-viewing STID recently, it's honestly a very solid and strong enough a film, uses Earth reasonably well (though could still have worked without the grandiose f/x of the ship crashing on the planet, another overdone trope and GEN did it best anyway), didn't need "Khan" whatsoever to gain and maintain interest, or the hideous redo of the fan-favorite yell of "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!" to have been truly great. With better handling, the "magic blood" could have been made to work. (And to be fair, their playing it straight, letting Spock yell it would have been poignant if it worked, and not doing a 4th wall-break send-up ensured it it wouldn't be received any worse if it didn't work. )

Don't kick heavy machinery to re-align the engine part, not even the Incredible Hulk has the strength...

7. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes.

And then a begin a Kelvinverse Khan revival that sees him be the mega mind we've always been told he was but we've never fully seen, on such a scale it takes a trilogy or more to get him back in control or destroyed.

2nd choice, something prime universe, something, something.

8. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Literally a movie. That goes in cinemas, I'm not against Long Treks (I think they'd be great!) but I don't think P+ offerings should count as true Trek movies.

saddestmoon likes this.
  9. vvlcn

vvlcn Lieutenant Junior Grade Newbie

I'm very much partial to a Kelvin continuation with Pine and Quinto. Above all else, character interaction between the main three, and more Bones! Karl Urban was a great choice for a recast, but he was barely in the first two movies. Could be me just wanting to see my favorite character more, though. :p