Star Trek: The Rings of Time

Greg Cox

Admiral
Premium Member
Jumping on the announcment bandwagon, I'm happy to say that I just signed the contracts for a new TOS novel, which I intend to start writing tomorrow. The working title is THE RINGS OF TIME.

I don't want to give too much away, since I haven't even started the book yet, but I'll tease you with just two words:

Shaun Christopher.

Thanks! I've been meaning to get back to Shaun ever since I worked him into the Eugenics books years ago.

I first pitched this book to Margaret Clark at least two years ago, but then Margaret left, and Jamie left, and I got distracted by other projects . . . .

I can't believe I'm finally getting to write it.

Wow, two announcements of books by authors whose work I like in the trek era I like most, in the same day. 2012 looks like it's going to be good, trek book wise.

Very interesting. I haven't read the Eugenics Wars books yet so I don't know what this will be building off, but I will certainly be keeping an eye on it.

Eh, you could just be teasing us anyway.

(I almost hope it's NOT the original series characters, if only for variety. What series has not had major time travel adventures? Titan?)

Eh, you could just be teasing us anyway.

(I almost hope it's NOT the original series characters, if only for variety. What series has not had major time travel adventures? Titan?)

I pretty sure this is an Original Series novel.

that is so true. I love the original crew and mr.cox's take on them is some of the best trek fiction out there. this book seems very interesting and I am looking forward to it. will be hearing from khan in this book?

No Khan or Gary Seven this book.

(I actually tried to work Seven and Roberta into the plot, but it felt forced so I decided against it.)

Back