Spoilers Star Trek: Strange New Worlds 2x10 - "Hegemony"

Hit it!

• Total voters

Commander Richard

Yo! Man!
Premium Member

stsnw210.jpg

"When the U.S.S. Enterprise investigates an attack on a colony at the edge of Federation space, Captain Pike and his crew face the return of a formidable enemy." - TrekMovie.com

I dunno, this stuff with the Gorn may be the biggest violation of all of TOS canon. They've introduced them years early, retconned their appearance, and their space has even been charted well enough to show up on ship's charts. There is no way Kirk isn't aware of these guys now!

Just like we didn't need Jess Bush to be Chapel or Babs to be M'Benga, we didn't need these xenomorph wannabes to be the Gorn. Why not just name them something different?

Oh well, gotta go with it now. [Drill Instructor Knife Hand] Hit it! [/D.I.K.H.]

Time traveling Romulan, baby. TTR. :cool:

We didn't need xenomorph knock offs in Trek, period. Screw what it does to canon; I can't stand this garbage.

I can work with a canon adjustment, since it is vague enough to be workable in some sense. Though if the space was contested why was Starfleet there in the first place? Honestly, Arena diminishes more and more in my view over time. I'd jettison it before SNW.

But, this part? This is freaking annoying.

I dunno, this stuff with the Gorn may be the biggest violation of all of TOS canon. They've introduced them years early, retconned their appearance, and their space has even been charted well enough to show up on ship's charts. There is no way Kirk isn't aware of these guys now!

Just like we didn't need Jess Bush to be Chapel or Babs to be M'Benga, we didn't need these xenomorph wannabes to be the Gorn. Why not just name them something different?

Because we don't need them renamed.

I dunno, this stuff with the Gorn may be the biggest violation of all of TOS canon...
:guffaw:Hyperbolic much? What they've done isn't really even a canon violation in the first place.

If Kirk WAS the absolute first contact between the Gorn and the Federation, HOW were the Gorn able to so convincingly fake a LIVE radio voice conversation between Kirk and Commodore Travers, who was killed in the attack 49 hours earlier; and how did they know the 1701's patrol route to again convincingly fake Star Fleet orders to come to Cestus III on the first place? ;)

:guffaw:Hyperbolic much? What they've done isn't really even a canon violation in the first place.

If Kirk WAS the absolute first contact between the Gorn and the Federation, HOW were the Gorn able to so convincingly fake a LIVE radio voice conversation between Kirk and Commodore Travers, who was killed in the attack 49 hours earlier; and how did they know the 1701's patrol route to again convincingly fake Star Fleet orders to come to Cestus III on the first place? ;)

Our radio and TV has been broadcast into space for what almost 100 years now? Is it unbelieveable that the Gorn haven't been spying on us or the Federation (or Romulans or Vulcans or Klingons) for 300 years?

Like Starship Troopers has different types of bugs, the Gorn may have different types of lizards. Like the lizard-man Gorn from TOS, the alien/predator-like baby Gorn from last season, and a brain Gorn. I would imagine they use brain Gorns as spies and have a whole spy system in force across their territory.

Why not, it's more descriptive than Section 31.
Sorry, I prefer that but then I grew up enjoying games like "Deus Ex" with Majestic 12. I'm weird that way.

Also, I would not recommend reading one of Shatner's books with Kirk having encountering another top secret agency.

Of all the 'canon' arguments, this one is the most tedious to me. "Arena" as an episode verbatim fits perfectly with SNW if you can accept that there is more than one variety of Gorn, and that Kirk wasn't familiar with the one he encountered in this episode. That's all it takes.

Back